Video thread

More
5 years 2 months ago #33506 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Video thread

mickeyA wrote: I love these videos for learning how to downwind.   I’ve done Gorge twice, but still not very good. I understand the need for edited highlight videos for time sake, but it would be way more instructional to also include the tough times instead of only riding down the face or in the trough all the time.  Stalling out, spinning out (Robin did show one of these), swamping, wave after wave passing you by, ski pointing upwards, missing runs, THEN how you recovered, how hard you paddled, when you paddled, etc would really help in the learning curve.  Hat camera gives a great perspective, moreso than looking backward, or forward from behind the paddler.  Keep them coming, and a perhaps the occasional unedited version.  Thanks

Ok, you got it...  Let me try this: I'll show the slowest kilometre unedited where clearly I'm doing the least right and then the fastest kilometre where I'm doing the most right.  

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: STC67

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #34083 by David Grainger
Replied by David Grainger on topic Video thread

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #34147 by EK Sydney
Replied by EK Sydney on topic Video thread
Here’s our favourite bar break on one of the days when the wave runs for two minutes....
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by EK Sydney.

More
4 years 11 months ago #34175 by Kean
Great video, commentary and sound track!

More
4 years 11 months ago #34176 by Kean
Great video, commentary and sound track!

More
4 years 7 months ago #35093 by Cryder
Replied by Cryder on topic Video thread
With Worlds just wrapping up, thought I'd post up a video from one our FF team athletes who participated. He's only been paddling a ski for three years - so his progress is just mind boggling. 

More
4 years 7 months ago #35094 by Kiwi Dave
Replied by Kiwi Dave on topic Video thread
Great video, if only there was a way to leave work now hhaving just arrived and go for a paddle :D

More
4 years 7 months ago #35098 by CrabStick
Replied by CrabStick on topic Video thread
Inspiring stuff, thanks!
What concerns me is showing the Downwind, Eh? T-shirts and not being able to find them on FF website. Are they available or do I have to get sponsorship?

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S

More
4 years 7 months ago #35099 by Cryder
Hey thanks Crabstick. Faster Farther sponsored the Canadian Downwind Champs, and that was this year's official race shirt. So all you gotta do to get one is come race in 2020! 

More
4 years 7 months ago #35100 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Video thread
That is an exceptionally cool video!

I love hearing from people who've discovered our sport and become so passionate about it.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
4 years 7 months ago #35112 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Video thread
Short video from a rainy day on lake superior, largest lake in the world

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watto, d0uglass, waverider

More
4 years 7 months ago #35115 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Video thread
Nice vid zachhandler! Looks pretty cold! Love the "chop" in the canal...
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachhandler

More
4 years 7 months ago #35130 by Epicpaddler
Replied by Epicpaddler on topic Video thread
Awesome video. I'd have to paddle in a hurricane to have waves like that on the Chesapeake Bay. That looks like so much fun. Some day I need to find a partner and do some actual downwind surfing in the ocean. 

Thanks for sharing.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35133 by LaPerouseBay
Replied by LaPerouseBay on topic Video thread
Awesome video Zack.  those are some mighty bombs out there.  I love the rainy part, that always makes the water easier to read.  

downwind dilettante

More
4 years 7 months ago #35142 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Video thread
Thanks guys! It was a great day out there. Air and water were both about 50F. Superior can get really huge, and it is big enough that that on good days it has ground swell and wave complexity like the ocean. I would be a much better paddler if I got up there more often but it is a 3 hour drive each way from Minneapolis and it is not often that the wind is in the right direction to make it work. 

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
4 years 7 months ago #35143 by TimT
Replied by TimT on topic Video thread
Very nice Zach! I was very interested in watching this video. I frequently looked out on the Lake on the 12th from the 6th floor of my work place in downtown Duluth and wondered what it would be like to be out there that day. I just started paddling surfski this summer and have been on Superior exclusively, although I am not yet ready for those type of conditions.  Maybe at some point I could join you guys?  If you come up for big conditions and need any additional help with shuttling or a place to stay I would be willing to help out as my schedule allows. 

Tim

Think Zen, Epic V9

More
4 years 7 months ago #35145 by Cryder
I'd be moving if it was like that on the regular... #vanlife! Awesome conditions Zach!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachhandler

More
4 years 6 months ago #35156 by David Grainger
Replied by David Grainger on topic Video thread
One of the best 80's songs for downwind - also great advice!

More
4 years 6 months ago #35158 by CrabStick
Replied by CrabStick on topic Video thread
Thanks david, nice conditions there and some very efficient paddling with a couple of great examples of sitting back high on the wave and not just pelting down into the trough.
First vinyl I ever bought: The Cars, The Cars. Legendary

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S

More
4 years 6 months ago #35172 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Video thread
The California coast has had a few very nice DW days over the past week. I ended up doing two 10-mile downwinds from Goleta Beach to Santa Barbara harbor this week-end. Now time to rest :-)

Short clip (no audio):
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics