Warranty on skis, online complaints, etc

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
11 years 2 months ago #15318 by AR_convert
3610 views on this topic in a few days, that's a fair bit of traffic RAB can generate, love him or hate him the forum certainly is a more lively place with him around :P

Always looking for the next boat :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15321 by drjay9051
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by drjay9051.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15333 by Rightarmbad
Lats has inspected the boat by the way.

Rob, did you bother to check out the link you posted?
It is an infomercial site run by the legal team I defeated.

It's their parting shot (that dodges the law very carefully) at me after getting trounced and having their client pay much more than I had asked for in previous settlement meetings.

Their client self insures and likes to keep a reputation of never giving in to persuade future victims to not bother and just settle.

Selective story strategy?
What do you think a court case is about?

We tell our side, they tell theirs and the nice man with a wig sorts through all the confusion and makes a decision.
They too are then guilty of selective story telling.

(as well as dragging the case on for years trying to bankrupt me and force me to settle)

Which is why I cannot make them take the sad sack article down.

Technically, they are right.
They might be a cuunt, but they can argue that what they wrote is not wrong.

Epic Australia are denying me a warranty because they have read this and say they say that they believe me to be dishonest because of what it says.

(this may even have given me a way to get the site to take it down, bonus!)

Unfortunately for Epic, nobody can distinguish my right to a warranty.
They can cancel their own warranty terms if they like, but they cannot extinguish my statutory rights for warranty under Australian law, as their own warranty terms only operate above and beyond what is set out as mandatory for anybody operating in Australia.

Their posturing letter is produced to frighten me.
Sorry, not scared folks.
Faced tougher foes than this.

What is disappointing is that this was their first action, not a phone call, email or letter about the boat, just a straight up quasi legal looking letter.

Now if they did it to me, I wonder if they have done the same to others.
Lets just send em a letter with a legal guys name on it, that'll make em back off.
Warranty problem solved.

(notice how I carefully said 'I wonder', as in, it is simply a thought I had, and there is no statement of fact or inference of fact, just like the nice little weblink you provide, just plant a seed and let the reader fill in all the possibly incorrect juicy bits themselves.)

Reality is, I can fix my boat for far less than engaging a lawyer to submit a claim.
But so could they.

The reason I will pursue this, is because when I win this case, they will have a logged complaint in the fair trades system.

This means that if they try to do the same thing to another customer and that customer complains to fair trades, they will be hit with the two strikes policy that means harsher penalties for them and a shit load of please explain paperwork that will make doing the right thing in the future a much more appealing proposition for them........

DJ, I am behaving myself.
There are others that bought up problems with Epic long before me.
The Ultra layup regularly gets the question of longevity asked on a never ending revolving basis as new paddlers come to the site.

There are others who have asked the question re rudders not fitting, and the last time it was raised, several posted with similar woes.

There was another earlier post with an Epic boat with a crooked rudder alignment that started out as a question about what he thought was just a poorly constructed rudder, but ended up with Epic replacing the boat.

The only reason I have been singled out is because having a larger number of posts on here, I also have a larger number of posts being critical, and that I had enough credibility that others listened, so anything I say was more threatening.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 2 months ago #15335 by drjay9051
RAB:

I don't know you. However, I do have an issue with you engaging the help of a buddy to produce a youtube video trashing Epic . it's not just the trashing it's the dishonesty of claiming it's his boat etc.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15336 by tony h
I see the explanation for the 'done like a duck' story has changed from when it was last presented in the forum, where you claimed it was a dodgy reporter that wrote that story!

RAB until a written report from a independant reputable boat builder is presented to verify this boat is a 'lemon' (structurally unsound), I doubt if many people will see past the vast array of lies.......... just saying Lats has had a look at your boat is not sufficient & I am still in Rob's camp regarding your choices in this process!!

I don't suspect this forum behaviour will assist your legal proceedings!

ski's - McGregor C/R // Nelo 560L // Epic: 1st/2nd/3rdG V10/10L/10 sport, V14, V12, V8, V7, double -v10/v8 // Stellar: SES 1G/2G, SEI 2G // Fenn: double, elite SL, swordfish 1G/2G // Carbonology: vault, atom, flash //hayden spec ski / gibbons oc. ski / red7 / stealth spec/ocean ski / think legend

More
11 years 2 months ago #15337 by barrypaddle1
Lats can you respond that the damage described in the video (cracks around the bailer and soft spots in layup) are consistent with what you found inspecting RABs ski.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15339 by Kiwibruce
RAB , don't just say that "Lats" looked at your ski, what did he say ? Did he give you a report or a quote for repair?
Lats maynot be on this forum and I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't want to get involved.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15341 by Sandy
"keep digging..." RAB , you've got quite a pile to shovel now ! ;)

More
11 years 2 months ago #15342 by Marieski
As a rule I have found credibility usually inversely proportional to length of post.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

• davewilson
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15343 by davewilson
Replied by davewilson on topic Re: Warranty on skis, online complaints, etc
Yo go see stella, she my new bitchin hot mama.(sesexcel)

More
11 years 2 months ago #15347 by Metro
I was hoping that Rob's post would be the last word on this topic, but that hasn't proved to be the case and now I am even more confused.

Here is the link to the Duck / Woolworths case decision: archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2011/QDC11-312.pdf

RAB says that the article that Rob posted is an, "infomercial for the legal team I defeated". The article appears on a site for Carter Capner, and appears to have been posted by Peter Carter, a QLD lawyer. The case decision lists the lawyers for Woolies as DLA Phillips Fox and Morton. I don't see Peter Carter or Carter Capner referenced anywhere as associated with the case.

The decision is a mildly interesting read. What really caught my eye is a claim that RAB has run a sub 30 minute 10km. For reference, the Australian 10,000 metre record continues to be held by Craig Mottram at 27:54. The fastest run by an Australian in the London 10,000 was Ben St Lawrence at 28:32.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15349 by [email protected]
I was hoping that Rob's post would be the last word on this topic

Hmm.. me too!

Here's the thing from my point of view.

Some time ago (such a long time ago) Daryl posted a complaint against Epic. It was difficult to tell exactly what it was, but in spite of the Epic dealer commenting (apparently quite reasonably), Daryl was not satisfied.

Daryl then made ss.i into a weapon with which to bash Epic and he took every opportunity to take shots at them, including on other people's threads and posts.

Eventually it got to the point where I had multiple complaints and asked him, several times, to stop using ss.i as a place simply to gratuitously bash Epic.

Finally he said he was quitting ss.i but would use other means to get back at Epic.

This, as we now know, involved getting his friend Harley Johnstone (aka Durian Rider) to masquerade as a paddler and to make a malicious, fictional video posted on YouTube.

I'm all for using this forum to "out" Epic, or anyone else - if they screw up. That's what consumer advocacy is all about. And we've seen a number of cases where people have posted complaints (about a number of different companies - no-one is perfect), and they've been rapidly resolved! Great.

But I'm totally against the kind of malicious, destructive and dishonest use of social media that this pair have engaged in.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 2 months ago #15350 by tony h
A reasonable yardstick for the privilege of using your forums should be a commitment to keep it positive - contribute meaningfully to our largely harmonious global community!!

I can't speak for more than myself, but get the impression you would find alot of support for BANNING RAB from ss.i for abusing this privilege repeatedly despite many forum members encouraging him to keep it positive!

ski's - McGregor C/R // Nelo 560L // Epic: 1st/2nd/3rdG V10/10L/10 sport, V14, V12, V8, V7, double -v10/v8 // Stellar: SES 1G/2G, SEI 2G // Fenn: double, elite SL, swordfish 1G/2G // Carbonology: vault, atom, flash //hayden spec ski / gibbons oc. ski / red7 / stealth spec/ocean ski / think legend

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15352 by Zivo
Thank you Tony this makes perfect sense. And I suspect others are sick to death of hearsay on this subject especially as an epic V12 ultra owner and might I say very happy with the product and also a person that puts myself and my equipment to the test every 2 weeks as a mid packer competitor. I would think this forum would benefit from more positive input in this great sport. :angry:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Zivo.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15353 by Bigdog
The only reason I have been singled out is because having a larger number of posts on here, I also have a larger number of posts being critical, and that I had enough credibility that others listened, so anything I say was more threatening........????????

Sorry RAB you are again sadly mistaken you never have and I doubt ever will have ANY credibility

More
11 years 2 months ago #15355 by Kiwibruce
74posts
All in 1week 5days . I don't think he will be getting banned .
Save the RAB!

More
11 years 2 months ago #15356 by Bill L
yeah, kind of like a bad car accident; you just can't look away...

More
11 years 2 months ago #15357 by CyberSki
I was the 5000th view!!

(ok, so I hit the back button on the browser a couple of time..)

:P

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15360 by barrypaddle1
RAB the ball is really in your court to backup the claims made. RAB or Lats....we need to have closure ha :laugh:

PS: Please hurry as Tonys fanboys posts will soon lead will soon to him organising a vote or a lynch mob :laugh:

Trying to be balanced and not a sheep, i have found a lot of RABs old posts to be informative and pretty well on the money...........eg Lactate levels, paddle length. I agree there are the clangers in there as well !!
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by barrypaddle1.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15362 by Metro
The problme that I had with RAB (and speakinfg only for myself here) is that it got to the point where he commented on EVERYTYHING, incluidng things with respect to which he really had nothing to add. Every once in a while that's fine (hey, we all get bored), soon it becomes annoying, then really annoying, then suddenly you realize somebody has hijacked an entire forum. Personally I think it would be fine if RAB stayed part of the ss.i community, provided that he curbed his enthusiasm and made it less about him.

Latest Forum Topics