EOS?

More
15 years 2 months ago #2944 by nell
EOS? was created by nell
What's the word on the street about EOS and the EOS "fast and stable ski" on the
www.kayakracing.com.au website?

Is this a new company making skis?

Erik
USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2975 by Boof Head
Replied by Boof Head on topic Re:EOS?
Made on the Gold Coast in Oz.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2978 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re:EOS?
What company makes them? Do they have a website?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 2 months ago #2983 by tutty
Replied by tutty on topic Re:EOS?
Hi , ive paddled an eos, a couple of times , the ski is designed by lance oconnor and matt carter, its actually a pretty nice ski to paddle, very light, and excellent to manouver in the runs, probably one of the most comfortable skis around too

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3057 by Boof Head
Took one for a paddle last week. I'm a noob and can only compare to my Red7Surf70. As comfortable as R7, almost as stable and as fast if not faster than my R7. Can actually turn unlike my R7. Build quality looked good. The boat I paddled was about 11kg so very unlike my 20kg surf70.
I'm told that we will be hearing more about the EOS later on in the year and I will be seriously considering purchasing one when the fellas tie up some loose ends and get up and running. (if they add some colour. what is it with all these white boats? ).
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Boof Head. Reason: spelling

More
15 years 1 month ago #3060 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Re:EOS?
Boof Head,

Just make sure the plate that attaches your rudder to the cables is angled backwards. If you have it the wrong way round you only get about half your rudder travel. I used to have a really big turning circle, now it's only big. Turning is over rated anyway.....well where I paddle anyway. You paddle 5 or 6 kms, turn around and come home.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3061 by paddlingfool
Replied by paddlingfool on topic Re:EOS?
Turning over-rated ?? It can cost you a race .

More
15 years 1 month ago #3062 by AndrewN
Replied by AndrewN on topic Re:EOS?
What they are doing on the newer Red7's is use a cable wheel at the back so you don't have the issue of the plate reachng the holes the cable goes into...

Wish mine had that because the old girl is definitely not turning at all well!

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3064 by Boof Head
For the most part a poor turning circle hasn't affected me until recently.
like Dicko, I paddle for an hour or so, turn around and came back.
I had my first race last month and several turns were required and I struggled to maintain my possie at each of these.
More recently, I have been playing around in the surf at Currumbin and find it very difficult to swing her around so turning would be very desirable in a boat for me. Having said that, I love my Surf70 and am out on it every chance I get. My previous pride & joy, a timber sea kayak which I bult myself and paddled for several years now hangs up in the rafters gathering dust and redbacks. (Note: add Hayes Homebuilt to favourites).

Being an EOS thread, I'll get back on topic.
I didn't spend a lot of time in it but it tracked very well and had the advantage of turning which up until then was a new experience for me. I can't say whether it turns like an Epic, Fenn or HUki because I haven't tried any of those boats. I only compared it to my R7 because its the only ocean ski that I have paddled at this stage.
Cheers
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Boof Head. Reason: spelling

More
14 years 5 months ago #3899 by Boof Head
www.kayakracing.com.au/sales4.php#

Link to Kayak Centre EOS 660

Latest Forum Topics