Leegend Stability

More
15 years 8 months ago #2373 by service8
Leegend Stability was created by service8
Can any Legend owners let me know how the stability compares to other popular craft, ie M6, V10, Red 7

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2374 by lost john
Replied by lost john on topic Re:Leegend Stability
I have a carbon Legend (about 22 lbs. weight). I haven't paddled it too much yet, as I'm still trying to configure seat padding. The Legend seat chafes my back less than the Think Evo (which I've paddled for a year now), but still my backside needs custom padding care in many boat seats.
The water I paddle in is either flat, or pleasure boat/shipping wake coming from multiple directions.

The Legend is less stable in flatwater than the Evo, but still very stable compared to my Red7 2006-design Surf70 (33 lbs of carbon kevlar). I believe a good paddler (not me!) would appreciate the Legend's smoother feel that comes from less heeling moment on beamside swell compared to the Evo. One anomaly is that in short beamside chop it can have a jittery slide-slip, I guess due to the bottom being so flat. My Red7, also having a flat segment on the bottom of the hull, does this to me with much greater vengeance.

The Legend definitely feels faster than the Evo. Perhaps the narrower catch helps me get so much better posture that my improved stroke adds to hull speed compared to the Evo. In flat water the Legend feels slower than the Red7 (which feels as fast as a vintage K1 to me).

The Legend does seem to hold a diagonal track better than the Evo, even with my novice surfing skills, which is what I'd hoped with those hard chines.

I would have to say construction of all these boats seems superb. One exception is the Think footstraps, which seem to need a bigger washer in the center screw on both of my Think boats, eventually pulled completely through the footstrap fabric.

The Think leash attachment point is great for a calf leash (though not for a paddle leash unless you enjoy giving yourself an autowedgie when you huli). Not sure where I'll strap to my Red7 when I get brave enough to take it out in big water.

One thing about the Red7, fast and tippy as it is: the seat is super-comfy to me.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2382 by wesley
Replied by wesley on topic Re:Leegend Stability
I have a kevlar Legend that I have been paddling for several months now in all conditions. The feel is different in the chop than the other high performance skis, very stable but you have to get used to the motion. I plan to race mine in some of the local upcoming races to see how I do compared to my s1x special.

Is the weight a true 22-23lbs? Glad to hear the overall quality is good. Wesley in Newport,RI,USA

Wesley Echols
SurfskiRacing.com
#1 in Surfski Reviews.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #2383 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re:Leegend Stability
Wesley, How does the LEGEND handle decent sidechop and rebound waves with its higher sided tail section?
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by superted.

Latest Forum Topics