Nelo 560 ML?

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #31780 by kayakercon
Nelo 560 ML? was created by kayakercon
Hi,

I know the Nelo 560(L) and 560M have been covered extensively here, but I could not find any updated review of the 560ML. So I'm looking for any feedback from Nelo 560ML paddlers.

I demoed and liked the 560L, but the bucket was way too wide. I do not have a 560ML near me to demo. I read that the 560ML was a combination of the hull of the 560L with the shorter, narrower bucket of the 560M-- can anyone confirm if that is true? Or does the ML have its own unique bucket (i.e. narrower than 560L, longer than the 560M)?

I am hoping that it will be narrower than the 560L and longer than the 560M.

For reference, I am 5'11' and 80Kgs, 32 inch waist, narrow hips. I currently paddle (and love) the Epic V10 G2. But I'm looking to upgrade to an elite boat and looking at my options. I have briefly demoed Epic V14, and Think UNO as well, but just for a few minutes each on flatwater. I liked both, but I am intrigued by the design concepts of the Nelo (shorter, narrow catch, quick acceleration, maneuverable on waves, etc.)

Thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by kayakercon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #34386 by GlenRusky
Replied by GlenRusky on topic Nelo 560 ML?
I'd like to bump this thread and see if there is any current feedback on the Nelo 560ML? The 560 has definitely not had much airplay of late. Also if there are paddlers out there who can compare their experiences paddling the
Nelo 550 and the 560 it would be greatly appreciated. Feel of boat and speed differences??
Finally, anyone with experience in paddling  the two layups WWR or SCS and how they compare on the water and which environments would you find one more favourably over the other.
There is a 1,400 € difference in price for the SCS and would like to hear honest justifications. 

Thanks inadvance

Current Ski: Nelo 550 ML (4 WWR)
Previous Skis: Fenn Spark - carbon, Vajda Hawx elite, Fenn Swordfish - carbon, Fenn Elite - carbon
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by GlenRusky.

More
4 years 10 months ago #34401 by Elnatx
Replied by Elnatx on topic Nelo 560 ML?
Hello!! I usually paddle a Swordfish S, and I'm not used to elite boats. I had a 560 ML at hand for some time, and found it a bit unpredictable in any chop, definitely not for me stability wise. I was told by a Nelo rep that the seat in the ML is placed higher than in the L, so it's less stable. But I can't compare it to other elite boats... 
Regarding fit, I'm 1.75cm and not wide hipped, and I was too tight in the ML cockpit, at the point that rotation was very difficult, but saw no problem with the cockpit length. 
Hope it helps. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: GlenRusky

More
4 years 10 months ago #34415 by SpaceSputnik
Replied by SpaceSputnik on topic Nelo 560 ML?
Don't know about 560 but sat in both versions of 550 a few months ago. ML certainly has a narrower and shorter cockpit.
ML fit was just wide enough for me with just gym pants on, would have been an issue all decked out in a drysuit. L was wider and felt it had enough room for that. 
Couldn't reach the plate at all in the L and just about reached on the shortest setting in ML.
Not sure it helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GlenRusky

Latest Forum Topics