'13 V8 Ultra layup

More
11 years 1 week ago #16190 by PaddleFaster
Replied by PaddleFaster on topic Re: '13 V8 Ultra layup
Message sent Cyber...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16191 by PaddleFaster
Replied by PaddleFaster on topic Re: '13 V8 Ultra layup
I threw two together for you Cyber. I had the bungee also so I simply assembled them. All you will have to do is run the bungee end under the leash attachment pin, and then tie a knot on the very end of the bungee so it can't pull through.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16221 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: '13 V8 Ultra layup
Awesome, thanks!

I wonder if it would help drainage if I could add a venturi "dam" behind the front drainage lip under the boat to create more 'suck'?? I know Huki sells venturi setups but not sure if that back "dam" section would be the right height for the front lip.

Also know that "Kocho" created his own out of foam for his V10 Sport but I am not that creative..

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #16228 by Kocho
Replied by Kocho on topic Re: '13 V8 Ultra layup
All I can say is that the bullet really works. It's not a "magic bullet", pun intended, and I still have to have the ski moving at a good pace to drain, but it does drain at slightly lower speed and begins to gurgle sooner than without the bullet. Plus, it is supposed to reduce turbulence and thus minimize the overall resistance... These are really easy to make - can use pretty much any material: soft wood, mini cell from, construction foam, styrofoam, structural foam, etc. as long as it is easy to sand smooth and it keeps its shape. Glue it with contact cement for easy removal. Once you like it, you can probably make a more permanent version. Feel free to copy the shape and size of mine off my video for your personal use. As I measured, even just covering the concave area behind the drain seems to increase the drainage on the V10 Sport.

Still, no matter how much it drains, because the drain is higher than the lowest point in the cockpit, there is always a small mount of water left in there ...
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Kocho.

Latest Forum Topics