Not again

More
12 years 4 months ago #8487 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re: Not again

Colnagodreaming wrote: Stew

thanks for the info regarding dealers in WA. Know young Adam and will get in touch with him.

cheers

Great. There's a race on tomorrow, if you're heading that way, I know he's racing, otherwise just give him a call.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8489 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re: Not again

Stew wrote: Great. There's a race on tomorrow, if you're heading that way, I know he's racing, otherwise just give him a call.

Cheers.

Yep, Tom (Colnagodreaming) and nearly every other WA paddler will be there. It's one of the biggest races on the WA calendar!

Adam wont be hard to find, apart from him sporting the Think regalia , just need to lookout for the sea of yellow tops from the Mandurah Ocean club members he'll be there with ;)

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #8493 by thebigadski
Replied by thebigadski on topic Re: Not again
Hi all

Yes great news for all West Australian paddlers looking at purchasing or demo a Think Kayak product.

I'm extremely happy to be representing the brand and plan to work hard at increasing its exposure over here.

The need for a "hands on" role for Think Kayaks has been well over due in West Aus and with the arrival of the new boats, paddlers can be rest assured that I will make myself available for demos and information.

My contact details can be found on the Think Kayaks webpage:

www.thinkkayak.com.au/dealers-3/

And yes for those paddlers racing at the Classic Paddle I'll be there on a beautiful black carbon Think UNO :)

So feel free to come and say hi and talk boats!

Regards

Adam

More
12 years 4 months ago #8590 by f0xxee
Replied by f0xxee on topic Re: Not again
HI aall,

THis is my first post on this board, so please bear with me as I am an unknown quantity.

I have read this thread through with a degree of sympathy for the OP and also for the varous vendors. I can see both sides.

I live in Thailand, a magic place for kayaking and ski-ing, and am reacquainting myself with the sport after 32 years of doing other things... I turn 50 next year and although my midlife crisis is well past (Thank you Ducati for supplying the obligatory old man bling)I have never been happier... and want to live long enough and well enough to enjoy the next stage of my life. So goodbye Duke and Hello... ? Fitness.

Like the OP I have been searching for a ski. But unlike him there are no paddle days, no salesman, no outlets and no bloody interest in Thailand what so ever. So I have no choice but to buy sight unseen, un paddled and unexplored.

The price of an Epic V10 Sport in Australia roughly doubles by the time it lands in Thailand ( or so I believe, as EPIC International havent bothered answering my emails. This is based on the Singapore dealer quoting 3800 USD for the performance landed in Bangkok, then ad 40% import duty... Ouch.)

I looked at a Point 65N Spyder, and was told by the owner, a cheerlesss chap to organise my own logistics from Shanghai. This was after chasing for a reply for 6 weeks. This eventually ended in tears after being told by the owner of P65N that they would expand into SE Asia "In their own good time" and that when they were selling 10,000 units a year small potatoes like my good self could basically ... look elswhere? (I kept the email thread.. one day it will come in handy.)

The bright light at the end of the tunnel has been THINK. I contacted Stew at THINK Aus and had a reply within 2 days and now Daryl from THINK Canada is looking after me for a Think Evo II at a price comparable to what I would expect to pay in Aus.

My point is this chaps and chapettes: You really do have it pretty good. You have more choice I suspect that most of the world outside the USA,(a guess only). Sometimes things go wrong and ships run aground, get delayed, factories get flooded and all the rest.
Australia is to a point a small market. It would be lovely to walk into a Californian style shop with rack after rack of skis, but it ain't got to happen, the demand isn't there.

If you are ever over this way I live 500m from a lake and 1k from the ocean... so I am spoilt for choice.

Best wishes,

JF

Latest Forum Topics