Repair Advice

More
2 years 6 months ago #39044 by JohnK
Repair Advice was created by JohnK
Hi there,
I have an older model Epic black nose ski which had a major repairs after being damaged in the surf some years ago. I have noticed that there is a sound when I lift it that sounds as if there is sand inside. I believe it is watertight so I am at a loss. Is it possible that the repair is coming undone internally? Or has the sand been there for a long time and is only now loose?
Any thoughts?
Cheers JK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #39047 by kwolfe
Replied by kwolfe on topic Repair Advice
There is the vent plug at the front of the cockpit so there could be a chance that something got it there.  I would pull out the plug, raise the ski from the back, flip it upside down and the lower it that way.  Then walk to the front and lift the bow up with the ski still upside down.  See what falls out of the drain hole.  Takes 20 seconds, worth a shot.

More
2 years 6 months ago #39048 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Repair Advice
Something can come loose, it could be a cross brace or just a piece of glue. Sometimes the smallest piece can make quite a noise, more nuisance than an issue.
As for repair coming undone, possible. The only time I would be concerned if when you push the side of the ski at the seam and it flexes too much. This would need to be looked at.

More
2 years 6 months ago #39051 by JohnK
Replied by JohnK on topic Repair Advice
Thank you Kwolfe and Ranga,
I tried Kwolfe's suggestion but got nothing. It all seems pretty solid so I will leave it as it is unless it evoves.
Thanks guys

Latest Forum Topics