Suitable Ski for taller paddlers?

More
9 years 11 months ago #20271 by Dicko
I struggle with most boats in the leg department. Just about every boat I have owned has been a compromise as far as fit goes. The Stellar boats and the Think range have extremely long adjustments. If you don't fit these you won't fit anything. The SEL is a nice boat to paddle, very stable for the speed. The other boat I think you would like is the Think Ion. Slightly more unstable than the SEL (just) and similar speed, but sexier to sit in. Really nice downwind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebigadski, Bolge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20272 by Bolge

midget wrote: you could always customise the the ski for you if needed,
i just did a custom adjustable extra long leg length for a brand new V10 sport.
the client is approx 6'7 and was extremely happy with the results, so if your interested and in sydney, its is defiantly possible!

ill add a few pics of the finished ski, hopefully they work.

Sydney Ski Repairs
www.skirepairs.com.au

Thanks Midget. An interesting mod.
I'm Perth based. Preference is to move up to the next level i.e. something similar to the Epic V10 spec.
Really impressed with the response to my post by all contributors. I have a couple more river based marathons to complete up until May then the V10s will hit the market and My trial of suggested boats will commence.
Thanks to all.
By the way just picked up a brand new Spirit PRS Elite for WA's Avon Descent tonight- custom made for my length. Great boat and great fit and still waiting to get wet but not looking forward to returning to heavy weight plastic for the next few months!

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Bolge. Reason: Spelling

More
9 years 11 months ago #20383 by Draftbuster
Hi there.
A rather tall mate of mine bought a Think Evo 2 and he had some adjustment to spare.
He was way to tall for my Epic v10 sport and my Stellar SE. At full adjustment in these skis he still had his knees up around his ears. ( not quite, but close enough)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bolge

More
9 years 11 months ago #20387 by Stew
As a rough guide, the Think range extend out to 6'6". Obviously some guys will have longer legs than others at those heights and simply not fit, while others will have room to spare. I've only had one guy ever we couldn't fit into one of our skis. And geez he was massive!!

More
9 years 11 months ago #20392 by Bolge
Thanks Stu
Definitely interested in the Think range (Ion?)and will be making contact with the local agent in a couple of months to see how I fit
Cheers
Bolge

More
9 years 11 months ago #20396 by thebigadski
Hi Bolge

Happy to assist in getting you a test paddle.

In the past I've sold EVO II's to guys well over 6'8"

I'm 6'3" and have lots of room to spare.

My contact details are on the Think Kayak webpage or jump on my facebook page;
www.facebook.com/ThinkKayakWA

Cheers
Adam Fahey

More
9 years 11 months ago #20397 by ergometer
It is better for you to try a big foot board which will make you comfortable to do.

Latest Forum Topics