New vajda ski

More
11 years 7 months ago #12900 by 1xsculler
Replied by 1xsculler on topic Re: New vajda ski
I need confirmation here, Vider or Vidah? Mabey it depends on what country you're from.

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12902 by mckengmsurfski
Replied by mckengmsurfski on topic Re: New vajda ski
vidah, like spider but with an 'ah' instead of an 'er' sound (as Jim said), seems to be the way the Slovakians pronounce it.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13410 by kayaking
Replied by kayaking on topic Re: New vajda ski
Hi there, Rob1 !
I don't know if you already got an answer from elsewhere concerning your request, but the VAJDA Hawx is definitively on the market. I already ordered one and am waiting impatiently for delivery.
See you on it...

More
11 years 5 months ago #14365 by mshubert
Replied by mshubert on topic Re: New vajda ski

kayaking wrote: Hi there, Rob1 !
I don't know if you already got an answer from elsewhere concerning your request, but the VAJDA Hawx is definitively on the market. I already ordered one and am waiting impatiently for delivery.
See you on it...

Let me know how you like the hawx , I am currently looking for a new ski, I am supposed to meet to demo the hawx next weekend . It a hard choice , between the hawx, epic v10L and a THINK evo2 . But I'm liking the looks of the hawx , just hate that there are none on the market and no reviews but a couple . The demo will tell for me .

More
11 years 5 months ago #14429 by mckengmsurfski
Just to update everyone, we now have Vajda Hawx Surfskis in stock in all 3 layups and demos available. You can see photos on our Facebook site. Feel free to contact me through our website or Facebook if you're interested or would like to arrange a demo

Thanks,
Mark M.
www.eliteoceansports.com

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #14433 by kayaking

mshubert wrote:

kayaking wrote: Hi there, Rob1 !
See you on it...

Let me know how you like the hawx , I am currently looking for a new ski, I am supposed to meet to demo the hawx next weekend . It a hard choice , between the hawx, epic v10L and a THINK evo2 . But I'm liking the looks of the hawx , just hate that there are none on the market and no reviews but a couple . The demo will tell for me .

Hi Rob1 and hi everybody ;)

I finally got my brand new VAJDA Hawx Elite Pro :woohoo: which I ordered at "M5 France" and which was dedicated by Master VAJDA himself :woohoo:

Of course, I already was out for testing. It’s just an amazing Surfski. The whole production of the Surfski was done with love ;) lovely design, beautiful finishing and properly worked seam or weld along the ski. It’s beautiful with the natural colors of the composites, the quite golden Kevlar fibers and the black Carbon fibers.

A really comfortable seat (for my behind at least), the cockpit is very well arranged with its easy adjustable footpads and it feels just as it has been made-to-measure. No extra slipping around while navigating.

The behavior of the Ski in flat water is incredible; it seems to beg for acceleration and its capacity of glide is impressive! The extra stability due to the lightly flattened hull is a great point and allows you to navigate easily at low speed without constantly exercising the balancing act. It has a great potential which is not negligible.

The turns with the Hawx are quite easy to handle as well; a bit more practice and it will be perfect ;) Tight turns are more difficult than large bends, of course, the tighter you turn the more you will have to keep balance of the boat. However, it stays very easy to handle and it’s just real great fun to navigate this new machine!

As soon as I tried out this 9.5 kg light beauty in other conditions, I’ll let you know!

Peace and enjoy paddling ! :)

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by kayaking.

More
11 years 5 months ago #14437 by kayaking

mckengmsurfski wrote: vidah, like spider but with an 'ah' instead of an 'er' sound (as Jim said), seems to be the way the Slovakians pronounce it.

I confirm that this is the correct way to pronounce it ! :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #14616 by mckengmsurfski
Here's another paddler's initial impressions of the new Vajda Hawx Elite Surfski.

Vajda surfski HAWX review by Valentin Henot

My opinion about the surfski Vajda Hawx elite :

I am really happy, I had tested the boat in many conditions from very flat water to 2-3 M swell and my feeling is that the boat is very versatile.
When the sea is flat I have the same sensation than in a K1 flatwater, the boat is going to 13-14km/h speed easyly.
In little downwind conditions (less than 1m), the hawx is the perfect boat ! It takes all the surfs, he links up the waves without loosing any speed and it is very easy to master.
In big conditions (up to 2meters), the boat have a little tendency to embed oneself in the water on the bottom of some waves, but he lives out quickly.
Otherwise, it stay in line whit the waves and it is going so fast !
Yesterday I had a top speed of 35km/h !! That was amazing !

To conclude I would just say : THANK YOU VAJDA !
That surfski makes my happyness !!

More
11 years 4 months ago #14707 by guitouni
Replied by guitouni on topic Re: New vajda ski
I've been a happy owner of a Hawx Elite for 3 or 4 weeks now. Before , I was paddling with a Zedtech Dominator ( which is suppposed to be very close to the Epic V10 ). For information I paddle in MEditerranean sea, southern france ( where sea is frequently choppy or with close and steep swell )

I find the Hawx to have a very healthy behaviour. Primary stability is not better than the Zedtech ( even a bit worse when you're idle ) however it is more stable in choppy sea or side waves. It surfs more easily than the Zedtech.

The Hawx is very confortable, in particular I find the seat to be very ergonomic.

The weight ( 11.5kg ) is really amazing, carrying the boat is a real pleasure :)

In terms of speed, I'm not a very good paddler so I don't think it is very significant but I'm paddling slightly faster than with the Zedtech... that is to say much slower than Valentin !!

Quality is, as expected, pretty good. However I had a problem with the footstrap which is - IMHO - poorly built. The footstrap has tear apart after few hours of paddling. I have to say that Vajda immediately decided to send me a new footstrap.

Overall I'm very happy with this boat, very confortable and fun.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14716 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re: New vajda ski

mckengmsurfski wrote: Just to update everyone, we now have Vajda Hawx Surfskis in stock in all 3 layups and demos available. You can see photos on our Facebook site. Feel free to contact me through our website or Facebook if you're interested or would like to arrange a demo

Thanks,
Mark M.
www.eliteoceansports.com

Mark, did you ever get around to comparing the Hawx to the Swordfish? How is the hump? What is the remount like?

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
11 years 4 months ago #14718 by guitouni
BTW, about the remount. I find remount on the Hawx not very easy, slightly more difficult than with Zedtech Dominator. Probably because the seat is a bit higher.

Good reason not to fall... ;)

More
11 years 4 months ago #14719 by mckengmsurfski
Marieski,
We have compared the Vajda Hawx to the Swordfish both side by side and separately. The Hawx appears to be faster while being only slightly less stable. I found the Hawx to have better manners in most ocean conditions (I found the Swordfish liked to broach for me on short steep waves in particular), better rudder feedback, the seating position more to my liking (backside higher than heels, I find the Swordfish seat to be very low and flat), the fit and finish better, and the hump seems less pronounced. I couldn't really tell a difference remounting them in test remounts.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14721 by MaxB
Replied by MaxB on topic Re: New vajda ski
Hi Mark,

I'm trying to understand where the Hawx sits in the Vajda range. Specs look quite similar to the Orca. Is the Hawx an intermediate, or an elite level boat?

Cheers, Max.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14722 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re: New vajda ski
Thanks, Mark. I also had trouble with broaching in short steep waves, but this was eliminated by Carbonology's surf rudder. Seat is flat enough to give me a sore bum by 90 mins. And I hate the hump, which really buggers up my leg drive. Swordy otherwise a great fun versatile boat.

Hmmmmm. Really looking forward to trying the Hawx tomorrow.

My understanding is Orca is elite and Hawx is intermediate, though a bit eliter than the Swordy and the V10s, possibly the Think Evo II. (?)

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #14723 by kayaking

Marieski wrote: Thanks, Mark. I also had trouble with broaching in short steep waves, but this was eliminated by Carbonology's surf rudder. Seat is flat enough to give me a sore bum by 90 mins. And I hate the hump, which really buggers up my leg drive. Swordy otherwise a great fun versatile boat.

Hmmmmm. Really looking forward to trying the Hawx tomorrow.

My understanding is Orca is elite and Hawx is intermediate, though a bit eliter than the Swordy and the V10s, possibly the Think Evo II. (?)

Hey guys,

First of all, I would like to tell you that a boat is something which depends on different criterias, but the most important is you ! :lol:

Personnally, I found that the remount onto the VAJDA Hawx Elite Pro is such an easy thing and I am fast even in difficult conditions. But this is my opinion. Two days ago I were out in such conditions (choppy, humpy, crossed waves and everything which is poison for surfskiing) that I felt into water a few times, but I was that fast back on the Hawx, that it was incredible. My friend on the Orca racing had much more problems to get back on it. However, it is a thing which every owner of a new surfski has to try and to train.

Second thing, after more or less a month of quite daily outings in different conditions, I may say you today, that even if the Hawx (and its 3 versions) are a bit shorter than the Orca, it is not a intermediat surfski. It has, in calm water, a bit of an extra stability which you cannot notice in rude waters. But anyway, this little extra bit of flat hull of the Hawx makes him an allrounder in every condition. It is also an incredible fast surfski and I would like to remind you that even both champion of France, junior and senior champion, decided after a few rides to ride on a Hawx the next season.

Me too, I will participate in competitions next year with this boat and I tell you that I feel perfectly comfortable, not because of its confortable seat, but because of his performance :laugh:

Let me remember you that some competitors and professionals prefer the Orca and some of them the Hawx. Why ? I guess it is a physical thing, big and heavier men feel more comfortable on the Orca, big but lighter men prefer the Hawx. Then it depends on ones paddling art and goals. That means alot of reflexion before deciding between one of them. Then there are the versions of each boat, the Orca and the Hawx, as I already mentioned, there are the version Racing, Elite and Elite Pro, which makes quite a difference, too. Due to its construction and the choice of the different composits makes that there are three classes of weight and you have to find the right category for you.

But nevertheless, both of these boats are Elite Surfskis..!

So make your (good) choice and have fun ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: that is finalla the most important thing!

Peace B)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by kayaking.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14724 by guitouni
I also don't think that the Hawx is an intermediate boat. It has similar performance than the Orca.

About speed, I didn't feel it is that fast. I don't mean at all that it feels slow. Anyway I'm not sure there is a significant difference in speed among all elite skis like Epix V12, Javda Orca, Vajda Hawx, Fenn Elite.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #14725 by kayaking

guitouni wrote: I also don't think that the Hawx is an intermediate boat. It has similar performance than the Orca.

About speed, I didn't feel it is that fast. I don't mean at all that it feels slow. Anyway I'm not sure there is a significant difference in speed among all elite skis like Epix V12, Javda Orca, Vajda Hawx, Fenn Elite.

Thank you, Guitoni! You just gave another example of precisly what I said before. It is such a personal thing! My feeling is that the Hawx is a fast Surfski and your impression is that is may be fast, but not that fast anyway.

As I said, this depends that much of the pilot and of what he is looking for, experience, fun, race, etc..!

The other thing is the remount. I have impression that it is much easier to remount the Hawx than the Orca and furthermore I saw my friend having some few problems in choppy water. All these impressions make that I think it is easier and quite fast. Personally, the Hawx is the easiest boat to remount I ever had. But this is my humble opinion..!

Peace! B)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by kayaking.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14726 by guitouni
I can only compare with the ZEDTECH dominator : remount is slightly harder with the Hawx, at least not easier, especially in choppy conditions. No big difference anyway.

• Chaz
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #14727 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic Re: New vajda ski
I've owned the Hawx Elite for about a month, raced it the day after picking it up in what I call rough water compared to what I usualy paddle. I've owned V12's in performance and Elite layups, V10 sport and have been paddling for the last year a Stellar SEL and now the hawx. My opinion is it's alittle less stable then the SEL and way more stable then the 12. I haven't done a flatwater TT with it to say for sure but it seems to be, again for me, faster the the other 2 boats. I'm 6' 2" and 210lbs and the bucket is tight for me. Not too tight, but makes remounts tough sometimes. I like how I feel in it other then that. The rear cut out is great, no more rubbing raw with winter pants on in it. Catch is really tight too. Footboard is super stiff unlike my Epics that squeaked the whole time I paddled. Build is very nice, although the weights of the same layup did vary quite abit. But the dealer ( elite ocean sports) weighed each one and had us pick ours. So again this is my opinion on the boat but I overall am very impressed with speed/stablity and so are all the people I've let try it so far. Chaz

More
11 years 4 months ago #14733 by SimonF
Replied by SimonF on topic Re: New vajda ski

Chaz wrote: I've owned the Hawx Elite for about a month, raced it the day after picking it up in what I call rough water compared to what I usualy paddle. I've owned V12's in performance and Elite layups, V10 sport and have been paddling for the last year a Stellar SEL and now the hawx. My opinion is it's alittle less stable then the SEL and way more stable then the 12. I haven't done a flatwater TT with it to say for sure but it seems to be, again for me, faster the the other 2 boats. I'm 6' 2" and 210lbs and the bucket is tight for me. Not too tight, but makes remounts tough sometimes. I like how I feel in it other then that. The rear cut out is great, no more rubbing raw with winter pants on in it. Catch is really tight too. Footboard is super stiff unlike my Epics that squeaked the whole time I paddled. Build is very nice, although the weights of the same layup did vary quite abit. But the dealer ( elite ocean sports) weighed each one and had us pick ours. So again this is my opinion on the boat but I overall am very impressed with speed/stablity and so are all the people I've let try it so far. Chaz

Hi Chaz,
What layup was the SEL and is the Hawx? Are you able to compare the handling characteristics of the Hawx and SEL? Rough vs flatwater? Ergonomics and draining? I am poised to get a SEL excel as this appears to have the best speed/stability ratio for me, but from what people are saying, I should try a Hawx before I buy.

Thanks

Simon

Latest Forum Topics