Re: 68.8km/h on a Double Ski

More
11 years 9 months ago #11719 by [email protected]
I think the fastest I've ever gone was something approaching 30kph - and that was basically a whirlwind of spray, bouncing, I couldn't see a damn thing and was definitely going way too fast to paddle! I think you need a massive ocean swell to achieve these kinds of speeds, and have to accelerate on wind chop before turning onto the ocean swell (which is usually running too fast for mere mortals like me to catch.)

99% of the time, my max speeds are less than 21-22kph. This season I've had a handful of max speeds > 23kph, max of 24.7.

Mind you, these days I tend not to be pushing for a max speed, but rather I'm trying to stay on the crest of the wave to extend the run as far as possible.

On the other hand, my lowest speed while on a run was achieved near Angel Island, San Francisco Bay, in a rip current generated by the outgoing tide. I swear I was surfing down a wave, looked down at my GPS to see 0.00kph..! Basically it was a standing wave - the weirdest sensation.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #11724 by Kneewall49
Well I'm 63, and 29kph for me is true.

Northern Beaches, Australia.
[Fenn Swordfish, Fenn Spark, Carbonology Zest Double
Pain is temporary, glory can be even less so...

More
11 years 9 months ago #11749 by Rightarmbad
Hey Rob, can you post a photo, video, supply a GPS track and list the names of seven witnesses?
I don't think it could possibly be true without proof, as I find it hard to believe.......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Latest Forum Topics