San Diego surfski scene

More
4 years 2 months ago #35905 by leolinha
Hello,
I have a friend that is going to spend a year in San Diego USA starting in March this year. She is a keen surfski paddler and asked me if I knew someone there, which I don't.
I will be thankful for any information regarding the surfski scene in San Diego - paddlers, clubs, surfski rental etc. so I can inform her.

Current: Epic V8 PRO, Think Evo 3
Past: Epic V8, Epic V10 Sport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #35906 by downwinda
Replied by downwinda on topic San Diego surfski scene
One of the top surfski paddler in the US, Austin Keiffer, lives and trains out of San Diego.

The company that sponsors him, Ocean Paddlesports, is just up the road in Costa Mesa, and they have skis for sale as well as rentals.  They can also put you in touch with Austin.

I'd think that if she's in town for a whole year, rather than renting,  the best bet would be to buy a ski, then sell it after the year is up.

Ocean Paddlesports: 949 378-5972 or oceanpaddlesports.com
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by downwinda. Reason: Forgot to put Austin's name in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: leolinha

More
4 years 1 month ago #35918 by Cryder
Replied by Cryder on topic San Diego surfski scene
There is a very big, thriving paddling community in San Diego. They have a winter race series, with races almost every weekend from November to March. Suggest she make contact with the SDCKT (  www.sdckt.net/  ) to get specifics on local paddlers. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: leolinha

Latest Forum Topics