Anyone in Newport Beach - San Diego area who wants to paddle with me in October?

More
6 years 7 months ago #29693 by Laszlo Varga
Hi guys. I lived and trained in NAC 2001-2003 and in San Diego 2003-2005 (I believe my old Kajner paddle is still in the SDCKT boat house) while getting my university degree (Swedish kayaker studying in the US). I remember doing harbour laps in K1 with Andy Bussey, Curt Bader and Patrick Hemmens was riding wash with his fenn ski. Also had some memorable workouts with Philippe B in SD.

Anyways, I was a K1 sprint kayaker back then, and the last 3 years I have moved over to surfski.

I am coming to SoCal for two week holiday in the end of October, and it would be really fun to do a downwind with someone there if they are up for it and wouldn't mind hooking me up with a paddle and ski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #29699 by Ole
Hi Lazlo,

I spend April/May in LA and was renting a Fenn ski from Patrick and DeAnne. (Oceanpaddlesports) They are still in Newport and paddle a lot (plus some paddle groups). Best to approach them.

Cheers

Ozean OSS3 SL, OSS4 SL, OSS1

Previously: Fenn Elite Glide, DD3 Albatross (2x), Vajda Hawx 43, Think Uno Max, Think Evo II, Epic V8, Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 sports

More
6 years 6 months ago #29792 by Cryder
Reach out to Nate Errez, he's been paddling skis lately - raced the Gorge champs and did really well for his first major DW race.

Latest Forum Topics