Hawkesbury Classic

More
12 years 6 months ago #8372 by Red
Replied by Red on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011
Great work Shady. The training and prep obviously payed off.
The fog is always a great test, sorts out those who know how to use a compass (or now days a GPS).
See you next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #8375 by AR_convert
I heard the 2nd ski (Robert Chant, 1st in 40+)across the line was in a Carbonology Atom, any idea what the first ski (Simon Stenhouse) was paddling.

I had to do a double take when I saw the Stand-up paddle board results :blink: that's a big effort!!!

Shady wrote: First Hawkesbury Classic.......completed.

All in all I'm glad it's over, think I'll put the ski in the garage for a few weeks.

Ahhh, you'll get over your aches and pains in a week and be ready for the next adventure in the V8 ;)

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by AR_convert.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8376 by Red
Replied by Red on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011
Simon was paddling a DD3 albatross.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8378 by Hawkey
Replied by Hawkey on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011
I had to do a double take when I saw the Stand-up paddle board results :blink: that's a big effort!!!

A good mate of mine from here in Perth was competing in this on the sup. He has trained really hard for several months and did an amazing job. Not only does paddling the sup fatigue the usual muscle groups but it is also really tough on the calves and feet. 15 and a half hours standing on a board is really tough.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8385 by boss
Replied by boss on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011
Hi Shady, well done on the hawksberry. If your looking for another challenge we have the muray 100/200 on the june long weeks end. Its run over three days. The 200 is tough race with early starts . There are a few portages around the locks. ALL craft welcome k boats, outriggers, c class ,surf boats,dragon boats, pretty much anything that floats. First day 76,second day 69 and the last day 63. The race is actually 208 and the 100 is 94. it can be done in relays or iron. one for your diary.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12214 by Shady
Replied by Shady on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011
Classic is coming up again in few months. Anyone else interested in a little paddle? Maybe a surfski.info club entry?

www.canoeclassic.asn.au/

I'm also looking to do the Myall Classic this year as test run for the Hawkesbury. Not really downwind stuff but a challeng none the less.

Epic V10 Sport Performance
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Shady.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12217 by owenw
Replied by owenw on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011

Shady wrote: I'm also looking to do the Myall Classic this year as test run for the Hawkesbury. Not really downwind stuff but a challeng none the less.

Shady - The race back in Sept 2009 had plenty of downwind (plus upwind and sidewind); this was the day Sydney and the whole of the NSW east coast were hit and blanketted by that terrible red sand storm. About 1/4 of the fleet stayed on their racks on vehicles, many did not make it very far as boats capsized everywhere. The safety authorities shortened the course because at the "Brasswater" metre high waves were breaking driven by the 40Kt+ gusting wind. Ultimately, about 1/2 the fleet finished; some of the toughest conditions I've paddled in.

Life truly lived is full of risk; to fence out risk is to fence out life itself

More
11 years 9 months ago #12235 by FatPaddler
Team Fat Paddler will be putting a few skis on the water this year - at least six paddlers that I'm aware of.

FatPaddler.com - Paddling the world's best waterwa.... hey! Sausages!!

More
11 years 9 months ago #12236 by grmas1
Replied by grmas1 on topic Re: Hawkesbury Classic 2011
Might join you as part of the team Sean. Only drama for me is lack of land crew interest this year.

Grant
Ski Paddler Newbie

More
11 years 9 months ago #12238 by FatPaddler
Nice one grmas1, drop me an email so I have your details, as the TFP Call to Action email goes out in the next 24 hours. Cheers! FP

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12240 by Shady
Are you guys looking for any training partners? It gets a tad boring training on your own.

Well done in Mauritius FP.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Shady.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12241 by FatPaddler
Drop me an email too Shady. We're about to start planning our campaign, training schedule etc, and you'd be welcome to hook up. I'm not sure how fast you are though, we tend to be social rather than performance paddlers! Anyway, send me an email (you can find the address on the contact page of FatPaddler.com). Cheers, FP

More
11 years 9 months ago #12242 by Shady
Thanks FP, will do. I'm by no means fast and can only hope to one day be a mid pack paddler.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12243 by FatPaddler
Well, if you saw our video from Mauritius, you'll know we're at the back of the pack too then. ;)

Latest Forum Topics