STOKED WITH MY NEW EVO

More
3 years 10 months ago #36672 by Encino
Took delivery of my new Evo a week or so ago, and i finally got it out on the water this past weekend.  Totally stoked about how well it fits me,  Although it was glassy calm water for the most part, i was still impressed with the stability as compared to my Epic V10g3.....just a 1/2" of width and a tad more volume in the right place sure makes a difference.
I felt way more connected with the Think, as opposed to the vague feeling in the V10.    The deeper bucket probably made a difference, but overall, the bucket shape must match my "bumular dimensions" better.  
I was able to put full power down almost immediately; whether that's a function of the ski, or my spending hours on a paddling erg over the winter (and losing 5 kg's around my core....) is difficult to tell, but regardless, all of that sure helps. 

Of course it might simply because of the red on red colour scheme........................................
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #36675 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic STOKED WITH MY NEW EVO
Bucket fit is so important. It is impossible to love a ski if you do not love the bucket. 

where is that picture taken? Looks beautiful. 

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
3 years 10 months ago #36679 by Encino
Replied by Encino on topic STOKED WITH MY NEW EVO
Mary Lake, in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.   Typical of thousands of lakes where I live.   

More
3 years 10 months ago #36680 by wesley
Replied by wesley on topic STOKED WITH MY NEW EVO
I don't think I have ever seen a totally red Evo. Congrats on it, you will enjoy it!!  I paddled the Epic V10 3G this weekend and my New Think Six back to back and I am very familiar with how comfortable the Think buckets are for many paddlers. 

Wesley Echols
SurfskiRacing.com
#1 in Surfski Reviews.

More
3 years 10 months ago #36682 by Epicpaddler
Replied by Epicpaddler on topic STOKED WITH MY NEW EVO
Beautiful boat and a beautiful place to paddle. Congrats.

More
3 years 10 months ago #36683 by Encino
Replied by Encino on topic STOKED WITH MY NEW EVO
Wesley, it's actually two tone red, bright red hull and dark red contrasting stripes and bucket, and white lettering.
I figured, worse case scenario, at least it would look fast....  Bonus for visibility,  given the number of brain dead jet ski pilots that inhabit the lakes here in the summer.   
Attachments:

Latest Forum Topics