Changing rudder lines

More
1 year 10 months ago #39734 by cygnus
Changing rudder lines was created by cygnus
Hey sorry a bit of a rookie here but the lines on my Epic V7 got frayed and I bought some Dyneema braided 2.5mm line to replace them. However after installing it following the instructions from Epic and properly routing it, I noticed that these are not only thinner than the original Epic lines but also way more slippery (they are probably meant for kitesurfing) so it actually slips too easily through all the pedal grommets and causes my rudder to misalign easily. I have tightened the turnbuckle but it doesn't help and the only way I can adjust it back is pretty much grab the entire turnbuckle and move it side to side until the pedals align somewhat. Quite frustrating as it misaligns as soon as there is no pressure on the pedals.

Does anyone else have this problem and did they find a way to resolve it or do I have to find a thicker and less slippery line?

Much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #39735 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Changing rudder lines
I have not heard of that problem. Does not mean it doesn't exist. Have you had somebody else with a lot of experience with skis look at it? Maybe it is something simple you have overlooked? That would be nice.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics