Leg length settings

More
1 year 3 months ago #40246 by Glider
Leg length settings was created by Glider
Paddlers,
Just wondering if anyone had any experience on footplate settings that resut in the need for the footpalte to be offset by one of two holes on one side. Assuming that both legs are the same lehgth I have always found that I don't have the same freedom of movement on both sides without offsetting the footplate. Any ides why that might be?
Glider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #40254 by Davidw
Replied by Davidw on topic Leg length settings
Pretty sure it doesn't happen often but I have a ski which had the rails fitted skew. So one further forward than the other by about 1cm. Factory error. I filled and redrilled to get it even.
I have also had muscle tension due to old injury on one side of my body cause it to feel like one leg was longer than the other and consequently that I should offset the footplate. A visit to a sports massage therapist and some rehab exercises and it's all good.

More
1 year 3 months ago #40256 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Leg length settings
Glider does this happen on all skis or just one ski? I have had a ski with one rail mounted more than cm higher than the other. The foorplate was crooked and was very hard to adjust. In that case i re-drilled the footplate to make it better.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
1 year 3 months ago #40257 by Glider
Replied by Glider on topic Leg length settings
Thanks both,
I have also found a previous ski to have had a error in the manufacturing phase whereby one rail was installed further forward than the other. I did not dare drill holes so I padded the footplate on one side to compensate,

This is not the case on my current ski however. I am very interested in the possibility of a muscle issue as I have exactly that feeling of one leg being shorter/longer than the other, which I don't believe is the case. When I set the plate correctly I have one knee higher than the other at rest. This translates into less extension on one side during rotation. I also feel more pressure on one foot when rotating. What type of exercises are required?
Thanks

More
1 year 3 months ago #40258 by Davidw
Replied by Davidw on topic Leg length settings
I do something called the P3 Protocol which is the entry into the Sore Joint Solution by Geoff Neupert. Geoff released Level 1 for free a while ago, but I think that you now have to buy the whole program ($99).

I've also found Pressing Reset: Orginal Strength Reloaded very useful. Geoff co-authored it with Tim Anderson and it really cheap on Kindle - Less than $12 I think. Tim has lots of Youtube demos as well.

YMMV...

Latest Forum Topics