Dolphin "Sportz" ski

More
1 year 5 months ago #40183 by mdoick
Dolphin "Sportz" ski was created by mdoick
Hi all. Anyone heard of a "Sportz" model Dolphin ski. Think it was released in the early 2000's. Anyone know what model they were based on and what type of paddler they were designed for? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #40184 by [email protected]
Looking at their website www.dolphinsurf.com.au/ , I'd guess that it was a spec ski for surf lifesaving/iron man, but I've emailed them to ask!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mdoick

More
1 year 5 months ago #40191 by [email protected]
Dolphin responded, saying that it was one of their models - made in 2002 - but the person replying didn't know anything else about it. She said she'd ask around in the factory and see if she could find anything else out!

But I'm pretty sure it would have been a spec ski; long distance boats were a pretty new thing back then. That was the era of the Fenn Mako, etc. Jeez boats have come a long way since then!

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #40200 by [email protected]
Final message from Dolphin:
"Yes it would definitely be a lifesaving spec ski as it was built in our factory. I have no other information as we have had a couple of owners and different staff in the 20 years since the ski was built.
Thanks and have a lovely day"

Rob

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by [email protected].

More
1 year 4 months ago #40204 by ggc
Replied by ggc on topic Dolphin "Sportz" ski
The Dolphin Sportz was a spec ski, but slightly shorter and more stable for the beginner paddler.

Latest Forum Topics