Selling my Nelo 550

More
4 years 5 months ago #35183 by kwolfe
Selling my Nelo 550 was created by kwolfe
Hey folks, if anyone is looking for a 550 on the east coast US, I'm selling mine.  It's about a season and a half old and really only gets paddled in fresh water.

Ski is in perfect condition, just not the right ski for what I need.  I paddle my V14 95% of the time and am looking for something more along the lines of a V10 sport, evo, or stellar SR for a rough water boat.  Willing to trade just in case.

Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35184 by Epicpaddler
Replied by Epicpaddler on topic Selling my Nelo 550
How close in performance is the 550 to an Epic v10?

I have a v8Pro that I've been racing for the past year and am thinking about moving up to a v10 or something similar. 

More
4 years 5 months ago #35186 by d0uglass
Replied by d0uglass on topic Selling my Nelo 550
I don't think it would be practical for me to buy since even though I'm technically on the east coast, too, I'm in Florida and I think you're somewhere thousands of kilometers north. 

Still I'm curious how much you're asking for it, and what construction and model of 550 it is. L? ML?

Last night I was swapping boats with my local buddies who have the 550 L and ML, respectively, and they both felt a little more quick and nimble, but less stable, then my Stellar SEI. The ML felt tippier since the seat is higher, but it fit my butt better and would probably be the faster boat for me. 

Stellar SEI 1g

More
4 years 5 months ago #35187 by kwolfe
Replied by kwolfe on topic Selling my Nelo 550

Epicpaddler wrote: How close in performance is the 550 to an Epic v10?

I have a v8Pro that I've been racing for the past year and am thinking about moving up to a v10 or something similar. 

From what I understand, it's on par with the V10 in terms of speed and stability.  I had an SEL before this which was a little less stable but speed wise they were damn near the same.

Are you selling your V8 pro or just getting two boats?

More
4 years 5 months ago #35188 by kwolfe

d0uglass wrote: I don't think it would be practical for me to buy since even though I'm technically on the east coast, too, I'm in Florida and I think you're somewhere thousands of kilometers north. 

Still I'm curious how much you're asking for it, and what construction and model of 550 it is. L? ML?

Last night I was swapping boats with my local buddies who have the 550 L and ML, respectively, and they both felt a little more quick and nimble, but less stable, then my Stellar SEI. The ML felt tippier since the seat is higher, but it fit my butt better and would probably be the faster boat for me. 

hey Doug,
Wish I could make a road trip down.  Would love to paddle FL.  It's starting to dip into the 50's up here in PA and I'm starting to get out the neoprene in anticipation for cold weather to come.
It's the WWR layup which runs about 26lbs.  It's the standard non ML size.  I imagine it would be little faster and tipper than the SEI from my experience with the Gen 2 SEL as a comparison.  As for asking price, I would love to get $2600 for it but I'm willing to be flexible for sure, especially with trades.  I also don't mind a drive to meet.

More
4 years 5 months ago #35262 by kwolfe
Figure I'd give it a ping and one ping only (if you don't get that watch Hunt for Red October).

Would love to trade with someone whos looking for something different.  I'll take $2300

If not, I'll take the time to try and pad it out to fit me better.

More
4 years 1 month ago #35956 by kwolfe
Hey folks, thought I would give this one a bump!  Poor thing just sits in the garage making small talk with the snow blower.  

I don't mind making a road trip for a trade or even a sale if the buyer is willing to chip in for gas and munchies!  Just trying to get my ski mix correct.

Thanks all!

More
3 years 11 months ago #36376 by marshalouise
Replied by marshalouise on topic Selling my Nelo 550
Hi! Are you still selling? Also by standard non-ML size, would that just be a L? Thanks!

More
3 years 11 months ago #36380 by agooding2
Replied by agooding2 on topic Selling my Nelo 550
Sorry, bought it off him in late February 
-- Andrew

Nelo 550L, Streuer Fejna, Nelo Viper 55
Braca XI 705 EL blade, 17K shaft
Braca XI 675 marathon blade, 19K shaft
Braca IV 670 soft blade, 19K shaft

More
3 years 11 months ago #36382 by kwolfe
Andrew is spot on.  He is the new owner and I now have a V10 sport to compliment mt V14 (and OC1).  

Latest Forum Topics