Foot pedals for larger feet? Epic V8

More
5 years 6 months ago #32763 by BumpHound
Hi guys,

I am digging my new V8 but I need your expertise about footplates. I have larger feet and the lines are uncomfortable on the side of my smallest toes (and on occasion are finding their way between the toes).

Are their taller options or mod suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32764 by PSwitzer
Epic makes a larger sized footplate, I've got one on my V12 to accommodate my size 12 dogs. Not only will the rudder lines be higher and out of your toes, but the ball of your foot contacts the top of the main footplate instead of the pedals so it's easier to get leg drive without accidentally mashing the pedals.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32765 by BumpHound
That is terrific. I had searched but not found anything. Do you have a link?

Thanks!

More
5 years 6 months ago #32768 by PSwitzer
I don't have a link, but it's been available for a few years now so if you contact your nearest Epic rep they'll be able to help you out. Got mine in Hawaii from Zsolt. I had to replace my old small footplate because I wore through the pedal hinge assembly- the carbon at the base of the pedals eroded away from me putting too much pressure on the pedals all the time.

The big one feels so much better, you can press with your whole foot instead of just the heels.

More
5 years 6 months ago #32769 by BumpHound
Thanks again! I will hunt one down. :)

More
5 years 6 months ago #32770 by downwinda
Speaking of getting the lines stuck in between your toes, years ago (late 90s early 2000s) my friend Wayne German ended up flipping over his ski and getting his toe stuck between the cable and the rail. Luckily there were several other paddlers there to help him, but he said he would have probably drowned if not for the help. I'm not sure, but I think it may have been an older model ski with the cables on the inside and it was his big toe that got stuck.

PSwitzer, if you know or run into Wayne, ask him about the story. For years he ran all the Kanaka Ikaika races in Hawaii.

Latest Forum Topics