How you progress without really knowing you have

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #28679 by Mjwashington
I was out paddling in the weekend on our local sand bar. The swell was kicking up to about 0.7m with some nice breaking waves. A few good runs were had with the usual yeehaa calls as you rode a nice wave. Some new paddlers came along who I hadn't seen before in the region. They were trying to catch some waves but seemed to spend more time practising their remounts than enjoying a wave. I'm no expert but I gave them some pointers that had been passed on to me. They gladly listened and went and applied my suggestions. It was only after I got off the water that I realised that I was just like them some time ago. Well I am no expert it dawns on me that we all start somewhere and nothing can beat time in the seat, or bucket to speak. It shows that all the time you invest in paddling pays dividends, without you realising at times.

What are great sport we do. We get to go on the water, ride some waves, keep fit and healthy and get to improve our own abilities....even with the odd swim now and then!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #28712 by feeny
I've tried many other pursuits and nothing even comes close !
Our sport also includes (in my opinion) a very particular 'paddling mentality'.
Up some days, down others, but no matter what, it's inescapably good.
I do hope to still be doing this at 70+
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watto

More
6 years 11 months ago #28776 by Kayaknut
I totally agree with you. I am 75 and still going strong. Got into racing a couple of years ago. Strictly on rivers here in Florida. I train 4 days a week on my Think Eze. I am loving it!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro

Latest Forum Topics