Surfski Philippines

More
10 years 6 months ago #18402 by Joman
Surfski Philippines was created by Joman
Hi!

I recently sold my surfski back home before moving to the Philippines because of work. Now staying in Manila, not a kayakfriendly place to live...But will after a few months move to an island where we literally can carry the ski from our garden and down to the beach :laugh:
So I am already planning to provide for the most important thing to buy for our new life; two surfskis or one ski and one kayak.
Do any of you know if there are any possibilities for buying decent boats in the country?? So far the www have not given me any answers, exept from big, heavy "touristy" sit on top kayaks in plastic.

Alternatively, will the best solution be to order from Australia?
Anyone having experience ordering and sending a fragile surfski overseas to a remote area - any advices?

Thanks in advance for helping out!

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #18469 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic Surfski Philippines
Sorry you have had no replies
I'm in Japan and in 2012 ordered a Horizon from Custom Kayaks, Durban and this year a Cruze and Vault from Carbonology Sport in Port Elizabeth. It will be much cheaper to order from South Africa than from Australia (at least in terms of ski cost and probably also freight). Your main worry is breakage. But all my 3 arrived undamaged. I imagine that they will be offloaded and the container repacked in Singapore, like mine. Anyway both these companies are competent and willing to ship overseas. When I inquired of Fenn they didnt reply, probably hoping I would order from their Hong Kong agent but the price was too high. I hope it goes well but remember the risk of breakage is quite high.
Rod

More
7 years 9 months ago #26368 by 10153903425998371@facebook
Hi Joman. I know this is a very old post but I am also wondering the same thing. I am currently training K1 canoe in Taytay Rizal with the Philippine Canoe and Kayak Federation. But unfortunately I need to relocate up north to Ilocos and the waters are rough there except for Paoay Lake.

I was wondering if there are sellers or users of surfski kayaks here in the Philippines? In the future, Im looking at either Epic or Think Kayak to be purchased overseas but that is really going to cost a lot with the tax.

More
7 years 9 months ago #26369 by [email protected]
I have some contacts there - let me ask around...

Cheers, Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
7 years 9 months ago #26370 by [email protected]
Answer from Greg Barton of Epic Kayaks:

The guy that would know is Buzzy Budlong in Cebu. He bought a few of our boats - not sure if he kept them or sold them on to his customers. He can be reached at
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or
+639275683799

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
7 years 9 months ago #26371 by 10153903425998371@facebook
Thanks for the response Robin. I'll contact Buzz right away. It is such a shame that Epic Kayak factory have to leave the Philippines last year. It would been easier for me to purchase a boat.

-Phil

More
7 years 6 months ago #26901 by 10153903425998371@facebook
Just an update regarding Buzz in Cebu. Unfortunately he does not have any spare at the moment and it will be far from my place (Manila) to travel to Cebu just to train for Surfski.

I hope Think or maybe Epic will put up a shop here. :( :( :(

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #26906 by OSS
Replied by OSS on topic Surfski Philippines
I just asked my Philippines distributor for different products (non related to surfskis) and I was told that if it is for private/personal use, there wouldn't be any extra taxes or duties.
If you are interested, we could offer you an OCEAN surfski (www.oceansurfski.com) shipped from China, just shoot me an email to discuss This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

New, innovative, different!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by OSS.

More
7 years 3 months ago #27678 by 10153903425998371@facebook
Hi guys apologies for not following up on this although I've been really searching for surfski craft around and even messaged Buzzy but I guess he is really busy with his business and didn't bother to entertain some of my queries.

Hi OSS. Do you mind giving me some details on the distributor in the Philippines as it will help a lot. I saw your crafts. Is it suitable for beginner to intermediate type of paddler?

I'll send you an email for more questions. Thanks

More
7 years 3 months ago #27679 by OSS
Replied by OSS on topic Surfski Philippines
Got the email and will contact you today...

New, innovative, different!

Latest Forum Topics