New Mocke PFD released

More
11 years 1 month ago #15750 by PaddleFaster
BlueFox: First off let me start by saying that what I like most about the Mocke is it's fit. With the shoulder straps taught the side straps seem to form fit the vest to the upper body very well.

I wear the XL vest. I measure just over 119cm (47 inch) chest area with a weight of 84kg, 5'9" height. With this sized vest, I use up about half of the vests adjustment on the side straps to get a secure form fit.

At 98cm (38 inch) chest size, I would without a doubt say that the M/L sized vest would be better for you and than the XL size to give you the best fit of the two.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15752 by Trilobite
I'll throw my hat into the ring as well... I'm 6" (Used to be 6'1", but gravity took its toll, and I'll not lament that here...), with a 45"-46" chest. The XL is a good fit for me, but at your size I'd go the one size down, to the M/L.

The newer version does require some strap adjustment once you ferret it down over your head; the straps are a bit short, and can be a little difficult to grasp and cinch in. This is a little annoying as you have to do it every time, vs. just zipping up the old one. The fit for its successor is better, however, once all is said and done.

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

• bluefox_13
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15753 by bluefox_13
Replied by bluefox_13 on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Thanks Everyone, very helpful advice.... I went bigger when I purchased my first PFD many many years ago and regretted it for a long time, so smaller would have been my preference and sounds like its the right one.

Cheers

More
11 years 1 month ago #15757 by CoastPop
Replied by CoastPop on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Hey Trilobite - you 6" tall and manage to paddle a surfski?

More
11 years 1 month ago #15760 by Trilobite
Ha, thought to craft a witty comment back in response, but with the 6" measurement, this can only end badly for me. Suffice to say I have really long arms (and proportionately sized hands and feet)... :evil:

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

More
11 years 1 month ago #15761 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
The length of your paddle shaft doesn't matter nearly as much as the size of your blade in the water!

:)

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #15766 by Watto
Replied by Watto on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
RAB was keen to downsize, smaller the better. Does this mean he was trying to be less of a d*ck? :whistle: or is that ;) ? Oooh that's a bad one, wouldn't be surprised if Rob pulls it. LOL.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Watto.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15767 by Mocke Ocean Paddling Gear
Second week of April is the short answer. The great news is that we now have NRCS approval for distributing our PFD's in South Africa and we have stock sitting in our Cape Town warehouse, so we're all set, we just need the final paperwork which is due early April. We're doing all we can, unfortunately these delays are out of our hands.

Make sure your name is on a waiting list somewhere for one of these PFD's, stocks will fly!

Latest Forum Topics