New Mocke PFD released

More
11 years 2 months ago #15324 by [email protected]

My only complaints with the old version were that the zipper gravitated downward due to movement

No zipper on the new one!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15326 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Got mine ordered from DeAnne at Ocean Paddlesports!! Can't wait to dump my NRS Ninja pfd..

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 2 months ago #15334 by gavenmum
Replied by gavenmum on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Hi,

Yes, please contact me, I am the Mocke distributor in the UK. No problem at all to supply you with a PFD.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sAsLEX

More
11 years 2 months ago #15338 by barrypaddle1
Is there an aussie distributor or do we order direct from Mocke?

More
11 years 2 months ago #15354 by Mocke Ocean Paddling Gear
Hi Barry

There is not as yet a distributor in Australia who sells our new Racer PFD, but we are in discussions with a few at the moment. Until they come online with us, please contact Mocke directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Kind regards

Weyers
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrypaddle1

More
11 years 2 months ago #15361 by barrypaddle1
Thanks

More
11 years 2 months ago #15365 by smilicus
Replied by smilicus on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
My next PFD would definitely be this New Mocke PFD. Loosk great.

Regards

Smilicus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyday's an Adventure

More
11 years 2 months ago #15374 by Paul600
Replied by Paul600 on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
I'm after a new Mocke PFD but at 71kg and a 38-40" chest, should I go for the M/L or the XL?. I seem to be at the top end of one and the bottom end of the other. I'm tempted to go for the M/L as I can't see myself as an XL and I've read that they 'give' a bit when they've been worn a few times but can any owners give me their opinion?
Many thanks
Paul

More
11 years 2 months ago #15377 by gavenmum
Replied by gavenmum on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Hi Paul,

Whereabouts in the world are you. If you are anywhere in the UK or close to there I can let you have a M/L. If after a while you decide a XL is a better option, then I will swop your M/L for a XL at no additional cost.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15385 by Mocke Ocean Paddling Gear
Hi Paul

You are definitely a M/L, NOT an XL. You can buy the M/L with peace of mind.

Kind regards

Weyers

More
11 years 2 months ago #15386 by Paul600
Replied by Paul600 on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Gaven,Weyers,
Thanks for you help- ordering one today.
Paul

More
11 years 2 months ago #15388 by mancapbol
..and what would be the right size for 80 kg and 107 cm chest?

More
11 years 2 months ago #15389 by Mocke Ocean Paddling Gear
Hi guys

Weyers Marais here again from Mocke. I weigh 83kg and have 105-110cm chest size. I wear a M/L and would recommend you go no bigger than that. Dawid Mocke wears a M/L quite comfortably. What you see on our size chart is the ISO recommendation, but I can assure you that at my size and weight I have still got a lot of adjustability in my PFD AND more than enough buoyancy.

Just on buoyancy, remember it is not the "out-of-water weight" that matters so much as the "in-water-weight". Generally, the bigger the person, the lower their "in-water-weight" therefore the buoyancy on the M/L would even be enough for a person who wears an XL. Your main concern when choosing your size should be a comfortable fit.

Weyers
The following user(s) said Thank You: mancapbol

More
11 years 2 months ago #15390 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Just got my Mocke PFD from DeAnne at Ocean Paddlesports - thanks!

First impressions:

1. I have a 108cm chest size that puts me into the XL size - but I fit into the M/L one just fine. (84kg) I thought I had ordered the XL size - so when the M/L arrived I was nervous that it wouldn't fit! :unsure:

2. This pfd is more bulky than the original version (that felt inadequate) and I am hopeful the chest "pads" soften up or conform more with use.

3. Really like the construction (first rate), large pocket, and freedom of movement while wearing it.

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 2 months ago #15394 by Kneewall49
Has anyone tested if you float face up or face down, when relaxed, ie simulating if you were unconscious?

Northern Beaches, Australia.
[Fenn Swordfish, Fenn Spark, Carbonology Zest Double
Pain is temporary, glory can be even less so...

• davewilson
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15397 by davewilson
Replied by davewilson on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
I ordered the old one a few years ago direct from the Mocke shop Safrica, Great service turned up in Brisbane in just over a week, great product,

Think I saw one in a photo of Robins commonsense kit a few years back which prompted me.

Is there reason why one should consider an upgrade to the new version ?

Also the old version has a leash attachment bottom front, I made a leash with a quick release clip after being done over and dragged underwater a distance behind ski(duh).

Maybe a nice strong ski leash with a quick disconnect device on or around the jacket available from the same producers ?

More
11 years 2 months ago #15399 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Kneewall , it's a "flotation aid" NOT a LIFE preserver i.e. it will not float an unconscious person face up. (That would be the big puffy orange thing with the high collar behind the head.) US coast guard regs. for the mock style (although not USGC approved) is Type III. Have "tested" my first generation mocke pfd and for what it is , a flotation aid , which is what I bought it for , it works very well. Anymore and it would be not only cumbersome to paddle in but cumbersome to swim for any distance in. I don't know bout anyone else but I reckon if I wind up in the drink by myself and unconscious dressed in my mock pfd and a little neoprene and lycra......well , that would be time for another spiritual plane.... ;)

More
11 years 2 months ago #15401 by Kneewall49
I may take the Pfd 1 v 2,3 to another thread and leave this one to discussing the Mocke's fine product.

I think a discussion on inflatables and floatable is worth having if it hasn't been touched on previously?

:)

Northern Beaches, Australia.
[Fenn Swordfish, Fenn Spark, Carbonology Zest Double
Pain is temporary, glory can be even less so...

More
11 years 2 months ago #15411 by Mocke Ocean Paddling Gear
Hi Dave

My first response would be: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

But, reasons for upgrading from the old Mocke PFD to the New Mocke Racer PFD would be as follows:

1. if your old PFD is falling apart :ohmy:
2. the new Racer PFD has improved buoyancy
3. the new Racer PFD has no Velcro at the waist line that chafes you or your kit
4. the general design, materials and manufacturing quality of the new Racer PFD is better than ever.

The new Racer PFD does not have a leash attachment at the moment, but we do make a waist leash with a double quick release system - please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more info.

Weyers

More
11 years 2 months ago #15412 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released

Kneewall49 wrote: Has anyone tested if you float face up or face down, when relaxed, ie simulating if you were unconscious?

I've got the old one. I'll give it a go on Sunday and let you know. Need encouragement to practice my remounts.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

Latest Forum Topics