New Mocke PFD released

More
11 years 2 months ago #15430 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Interesting.

Wearing the old Mocke floating limply in the water, the belt didn't keep it down and it rode right up in front of my face such that my nose and mouth were nearly in the water. That may be a question of sizing but I wasn't able to adjust it any way that would stop it from riding up.

I did float slightly more face up than face down.

The Kokatat SeaO2 Hybrid sounds attractive, but doesn't have a pocket for a hydration bladder.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15442 by [email protected]
Just tested the new Mocke PFD in anger!

Remounting the V10 Double!

We were nearly 2km offshore near Roman Rock lighthouse when we came off the boat. To be honest the PFD made no impression on me at all (which is how it should be - if you notice it, there's probably something uncomfortable about it).

In the video it doesn't appear to ride up at all - and it certainly didn't seem to get in my way as I got back on the ski. The front pocket had its usual load of flares and VHF radio.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
11 years 2 months ago #15446 by PaddleFaster
Looks like it may be worthwhile for Mocke to make up some
ski-suspenders so that some of us can keep their pants up! :lol:

My balance skills are so bad, I almost fell off of my chair just watching the video. The double looked like she was rippin'. Fun stuff.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15449 by REDBEARD
Replied by REDBEARD on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Paddlefaster

Try watching the video's on a double (lounge not ski) with a more experienced viewer to help with your balance and technique,then build up to a single chair viewing.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15461 by PaddleFaster
Redbeard, thank you ::thumbs up::

My ultimate goal is to be able to watch from a an exceptionally narrow barstool, whilst tilting back a pint of Guinness!

It may take a lot of time and practice put in to get the goal accomplished, but I am willing and determined to go the distance!

More
11 years 2 months ago #15464 by [email protected]
It's helpful advice like this that make the forum what it is.

I tried the double sofa last night but alas my companion said she'd seen it all before and didn't want to watch the video.

I did manage a glass of red wine though.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• davewilson
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15466 by davewilson
Replied by davewilson on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Too many drunken sailors here
This Pfd is the way to go - cause the old version already ticks these boxes-
The Visibility I get spotted coming in kilometres earlier than my mates cause of the rescue orange colour if you are in deep shit a helicopter will see you easier too.
Pockets for flares phone drink bladder are great
Fit - when fitted and adjusted correctly doesn't ride up or chafe and provides excellent buoyancy
Sheds water straight away cause of the mesh fabric
When my old one wears out I would buy another quick smart
Riding ocean skis is an extreme sport and mitigating the risks is so important. This Pfd is another step in the right direction

• davewilson
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15469 by davewilson
Too many drunken sailors here
This Pfd is the way to go - cause the old version already ticks these boxes-
The Visibility I get spotted coming in kilometres earlier than my mates cause of the rescue orange colour if you are in deep shit a helicopter will see you easier too.
Pockets for flares phone drink bladder are great
Fit - when fitted and adjusted correctly doesn't ride up or chafe and provides excellent buoyancy
Sheds water straight away cause of the mesh fabric
When my old one wears out I would buy another quick smart
Riding ocean skis is an extreme sport and mitigating the risks is so important. This Pfd is another step in the right direction

More
11 years 2 months ago #15507 by REDBEARD
Replied by REDBEARD on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Never too many drunken sailor's here!
But I'm starting to get double vision and seeing double davewilson
(and yes, I have been told today)

• davewilson
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15517 by davewilson
Ffat Ffingers small ffone buttons too much whiskey aargh is the sun over the yard arm yet

More
11 years 2 months ago #15519 by Physio
Replied by Physio on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released

davewilson wrote: Ffat Ffingers small ffone buttons too much whiskey aargh is the sun over the yard arm yet

it is somewhere in the world its 2:36 pm tommorow over here right now

More
11 years 1 month ago #15648 by cody91
Replied by cody91 on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
I purchased the new Mocke PFD in the States a few weeks ago. It seems to fit me well and feels very comfortable. I did notice that there is a very large white information tag located in the back/rear compartment.

I was considering cutting it so it doesn't get in the way of any gear I want to store back there. I was wondering if anyone had done this or if there was any reason why I should leve it alone.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15651 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
I heard that the same folks who take you away after removing those tags on a mattress have expanded their jurisdiction to PFDs now. :S

I would think twice before removing it!! :dry:

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

More
11 years 1 month ago #15652 by cody91
Replied by cody91 on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released

CyberSki wrote: I heard that the same folks who take you away after removing those tags on a mattress have expanded their jurisdiction to PFDs now. :S

I would think twice before removing it!! :dry:

Too late it's gone now. I never really read what was on it. At a glance it looked liked German. Hope this thing floats me.:-)

More
11 years 1 month ago #15654 by PaddleFaster
I have to leave the damn tag in my Mocke, so I know how to put it on...

Who the hell am I kidding, I leave the tag in my shirts and I still put them on backwards 98% of the time every morning.

More
11 years 1 month ago #15708 by Mocke Ocean Paddling Gear
Hi everyone

I have clarified the importance of the new Mocke Racer PFD's sewn in label with our ISO standards expert and accordingly our recommendation is as follows:

The device (Mocke Racer PFD) is required to have the label when we make it and we recommend that the label remains intact for future reference but we cannot control what you (the end user) do with it. We are not experts on your local laws regarding the PFD use and cannot recommend removing the label.

To prevent the label interfering with your gear in the back pocket, we recommend that you roll it up - I did that and I find it stays rolled up and out of the way.

Weyers

More
11 years 1 month ago #15709 by coldwater
Hi Weyers
When are we going to be able to buy the new PFD in cape town?

• bluefox_13
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15742 by bluefox_13
Replied by bluefox_13 on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Hi can anyone tell me whether the sizing in the new Mocke PFD feels tight or is pretty loose?? On the sizing chart Im pretty much directly between the M/L and the XL sizes, and Im wondering which way to go... Do I get the smaller or the larger version.....

6 foot 3, ~72kg, 98cm around chest.....

More
11 years 1 month ago #15743 by CyberSki
Replied by CyberSki on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released
Hi Bluefox_13

I am 6'3" with a 42" chest and I have the M/L and while snug, it is not tight. I have been told it will loosen slightly with time so am not worried about it. Go with the smaller size..

Fenn Swordfish and Epic Midwing.

Past skis include Stellar SR and SEL, KC Zeplin, Think EVO, and in-between version of Epic V8 Ultra. Jantex Gamma is my sword of pain..though my elbow may force me to a smaller blade now. :-(

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #15744 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic Re: New Mocke PFD released

bluefox_13 wrote: Do I get the smaller or the larger version.....

When you are cold and exhausted and it is your 4th remount attempt the last thing you want is a PFD to ride up over your chin. So I'd suggest you get the smaller one. For this reason I prefer a PFD with a strap between the legs (but then I'm not a racer)

Latest Forum Topics