Easily marked / dented boats! Would u buy again?

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6122 by AR_convert
Hey Tom, I dont yet have another boat.....it's a long story, I'll try 2 summarize. I paddled the vault which I did the review on and was waiting for the Stellar container to arrive in Perth.

I had a two week time frame to sbop around for a boat before starting on a big DIY patio and decking project and unfortunately the stellar container was delayed so I was well into this project when it finally arrived, by that time I was under pressure to complete the project before Xmas so couldn't paddle the boat before heading off on a 4 week holiday.

Whilst working on the project I also gave my shoulder a hard time during the construction which left me wondering if I should try to make a comeback at the mandurah duel race. I visited my surgeon a couple of days before heading off and we agreed the plate should come out of the shoulder sooner than we had planned so I could get a longer rehab before next season.

So this season is a write off, I'm having the plate out on the 8th feb. I should be back cycling within a couple of weeks, then running, then will start back paddling around March/April.

I may demo a boat or two when I get back and just before my operation but i'm not under any pressure to buy now. Who knows I may pick up one of the boats brought in for the doctor!?

As for where to demo the various boats, a quick Internet search should provide the numbers of the western Australian dealers.
Epic are sold through Kayaks4u who are very handy on the mandurah estuary ( take boat out of the shed and place on water). There are the " spirit ski's" retail store in osborne park which will let u book a boat and take it away to demo. They sold me my V10L and were good go deal with. Also Canoing down under out near midland sell epic and have Saturday morning demo's, they sold me my first V10 sport.
Stellar are demo'd by arrangement with the sole distributor ( theres a number on thier site). He will meet you either early morning or late afternoon on the river.

Think are by arrangement through Mainpeak paddlesports , again meeting somewhere on the river.

I don't know about Fenn , I don't think they're sold through any shop outlets in WA, there's a number on thier website. Hopefully a few of the manufacturers / Distributors will have displays/ demos at the mandurah duel race!?

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by AR_convert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6124 by bobmoffatt
Tom,

for Stellar try Spirit in Osborne park
for Fenn try in2kayaks behind Bunnings in Mindarie or Ocean Paddler WA 343 Canning highway Palmyra

Past skis,Spirit Racing ski,Singer SLSA ski, Davenwood Eradicator, Custom Kayaks ICON, Think EVO, Stellar SR excel...current skis Stellar SES advantage, Stellar SEI excel

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6169 by AR_convert
Thx 4 the heads up on "in2kayaks" thought I knew all the shops around Perth. Impressive website too!

Stellar at Gopaddlesports ???(spirit skis retailer), hmmmm that seems strange unless they no longer sell Epic ski's, can't imagine both those skis being sold from the same premises if Epic had anything to do with it?!

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by AR_convert.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6171 by Dicko
Money talks. Apparently the ses is walking out the door at the moment. $3300 for an 11kg boat is pretty good.

Latest Forum Topics