Think Six - aim of design?

More
3 years 9 months ago #36993 by Epicpaddler
Thank you Wesley for the detailed response.
One good thing about the Covid lockdown (if there is such a thing) is I've been paddling more that ever (almost 1000 miles, since January). The bad thing is I have too much time on my hands and I'm obsessing over moving on to a more advanced ski. There are a lot of great intermediate options out there like the Think Six, Epic v10, and Vega flex. The problem for me is there are very few options when it comes to checking out or paddling surfskis. There are no "stocking" dealers near me with any brand of skis. We have a few Epic "experts" who may have a ski or two to demo (which is why my sole experience is with the Epic brand). I'm hoping once things return to normal and the racing circuit picks up I'll be able to talk to folks about their skis  and maybe try some other brands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36994 by EK Sydney
Not actually high windage or high volume, more a very buoyant feel. If you’ve paddled an Ion in waves it has a very similar feel, like you’re up on top of everything. The higher volume stern gets ‘kicked’ very early by a following wave and you find yourself up and moving.
It’s probably not a smaller paddlers ski, unlike for example the Zen. 
hope that helps.

More
3 years 8 months ago #37154 by Possum
Replied by Possum on topic Think Six - aim of design?
Thanks EK Sydney regarding suitability of the SIX for a smaller paddler. If not the SIX What would you recommend for the smaller paddler? I'm 75kgs, paddle a Boost LV and considering my next boat given the Boost now weighs 16.5 kgs after a few repairs. Not sure whether to get another, lighter Boost LV or a whole new boat like the SIX or Swordy S, Nordic Storm. I paddled a friend's SIX on flat water this morning and fell in loved the cockpit fit. The seat higher than heels felt nice - on top of the stroke - for quick acceleration and a high speed I could maintain over a long distance. It felt great on the flat but though it might have too much volume for me and be corky outside and a handful in rough conditions as you indicated. I'd be interested to hear from paddlers in the 70-80kg range on the SIX or other intermediate skis for the lighter paddler. At the moment I haven't found anything to stop me from buying another Boost LV. Cheers Possum Brown

More
3 years 8 months ago #37155 by EK Sydney
You overcome being a little light by being positive and getting power down. If the ski fits well you’re probably 3/4 of the way there, but it sounds like you’re a good enough judge to work it out for yourself. 

Latest Forum Topics