I paddled a Stellar SES and....

More
13 years 6 months ago #5321 by wannagofast
and I now know what they mean by rotation and leg drive! The hump in the V-10 is pushing up on my calves and hamstrings. I cant extend my leg. I can push on the peddle, but no extension and no twist for my body type in a V-10. I really liked the individual foot straps in the Stellar. It connected me to the ski. I would like the feet a hair lower, but not a problem in the Stellar SES.
I right this as a 5'.7" 30" inseam. 170lbs The speed was similiar but the comfort, leg drive, rotation, etc. Oh yeah the third connection point on the footplate. All really good. Also many guys brought over there Epics and comparred hulls. Most said not the same hull. Everyone said not at all same topside. Some did say no way to Stellar because the possible theft against Epic. I have to go for what fits my physique. I also have no idea on whos right on plitics etc. Its to much for me to factor. If it where clearly the same boat I wouldnt buy a Stellar. I see two diferent boats in many ways. excuse the type O's I'm in a hurry!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5325 by Tom_D
I paddled the SES too. I am 166cm and 75kg (5'6' 165 lbs). I paddle a V10Sport now. I like the sport's stability but it is very big for me even with the hip pads. The foot plate has only two adjustment holes because remaining of my short (74cm/29" inseam).

First impressions of the Stellar SES was that it had good secondary stability. It felt solid almost like the V10S but the initial stability was not as firm as the Sport. I could paddle hard right away with speeds comparable to my Sport. I felt like this was a boat that would be a reasonable next step after a V10Sport or an EVO for smaller paddlers.

The cockpit sides seemed high to me. I didn't try to remount but I felt that the Stellar would be harder to remount than the Epic. Apparently the 2011 SES will have a slightly wider seat (about 1.25cm/0.5" according to Drew the sales guy). The 2010 SES in definitely narrow, I felt it fit like a glove but I wonder how comfortable it would be after a couple of hours. The wider seat might be more comfortable on longer paddles.

The quality of construction (at least the fit and finish) looked good.

Flying Eagle is the manufacturer of the boat and they seem to be selling through their channels established for their rowing boats. Our PNW/Canadian rep specializes in rowing gear.

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics