Re: Upper leg pain

• benneta
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #1017 by benneta
Re: Upper leg pain was created by benneta
I used to get pain (rather than cramps) across the top of my thigh to groin, particularly in rough water. This was because I would (unconsciously) use one leg to help balance and as I got tired or less confident this leg would be tensed most of the time.

I found that once I realised this and made a conscious effort to relax my leg (and push against the foot rests) that the build up of pain disappeared. It also didn't make balancing any worse

I don't know if it's the same thing but hope it helps...
AB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1018 by [email protected]

what is the correct way of setting up your foorrest please?

I remember suffering from cramp a lot during my first year of paddling - it eventually just went away.

But the correct way of setting up the footrest is to make the length such that your knee is just off the deck of the boat - you should be able to fit your fist between the back of your knee and the deck.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 5 months ago #1019 by [email protected]
As Rob said, this must have something to do with the footrest. Try setting it up like Rob suggested and see what happens.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1020 by Rouen
Replied by Rouen on topic Re: Upper leg pain
Thanks for the help guys

Wil play with the settings a bit more. I also think it has something to do with the footrests. Because it feels a lot better when I push against the footrests with both legs. Should just get the length right.

Sweet

Latest Forum Topics