Build Quality?

More
13 years 2 months ago #6821 by Colnagodreaming
Probably buying an Epic V10 Sport sometime soon. Big question is whether to buy the Club layup(all glass) or the Performance (glass/carbon layup).

I would think that glass is more durable, however have heard some concerns about the build quality of epics (and V10 sport glass layup in particular).

Welcome feedback from anyone with experience in these matters?
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6827 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re:Build Quality?
Most agree that the performance layup is the best price/performance compromise.

But, if you are using this as your first ski with the intention on upgrading when your skillset allows, then the less you spend, the less you loose.
And if that is the case, then a second hand one is even better value.....

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 2 months ago #6828 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re:Build Quality?
I guess it would b hard to find someone who could say " buy this lay-up over that lay-up"
Unless they had owned both.... probablynott a lot of people in that boat (pardon the pun).
RAB makes a good point, I think for someone who is competitive by nature you will be ready to move up in 12 months or so, less spent now means less to lose in changeover and my experience with the club lay-up is that it is very hardy and can take a knock while you are learning to handle a long and compared to plastics, light ski.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics