Opinions on Paddlesport Systems kayak adapter for Concept2 ski erg?

• slow
  • Visitor
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #40050 by slow
Has anyone tried one of these and, if so, what do you think?

The marathon canoe folks I know prefer the Paddlesport Systems canoe adapter for the Concept2 rower over the dedicated canoe ergs that are available. As someone who owns a PaddleOne C, I agree with that and I only have one because someone was giving theirs away and I'll take a free erg any day even though the Concept2 adapter has a much more realistic feel and seems to need less maintenance if you put a lot of kilometers on it.

Is it the same story with kayak ergs, where I should just get a Concept2 ski erg and the kayak adapter if I'm actually going to spend money on an erg?
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #40052 by Hugh
It's a great system. It works very well as a kayak trainer, and you get the benefit of having a SkiErg too.
I saw Mark, who makes them, last week and he said he has made some exciting changes to the kayak adapter. It looks like he has not updated the website www.paddlesporttraining.com/kayak-paddling-adapter/
(I'm not connected to the business, but I'm the hunchback in the videos on the website.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slow

More
1 year 8 months ago #40056 by kwolfe
I've had one for about a year. I'm not a marathon paddler. I paddle V1 most of the time and OC1 as well (surfski of course).

It take a few minutes to take on an off, not bad. I am going to replace the handle that they provide as I would prefer something that's more like my V1 paddle. The one thing I noticed as that the way they have you set it up, puts the top pulley a bit higher than I like which makes the catch feel like you are pushing down to much and not catching and pulling.

To solve this, I simply build a box that raises the seat height. Now that top pully is closer to waist level instead of chest level and the catch and pull feel much better.

Plus, the added benefit is you can take it off. I still use my concept as a rowing erg because the workout is so good. Can't ignore the legs and glutes :) All in all, it's worth the money. Think about spring for the carbon shaft if you are an OC paddler or just make one.

Latest Forum Topics