V Bar Kayak Roof Rack

More
12 years 5 months ago #10119 by richardh
Has anyone seen something similar to these V bar Kayak Roof Racks in Perth Australia?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10129 by Trilobite
Replied by Trilobite on topic Re: V Bar Kayak Roof Rack
The V bars indicated are manufactured by Cliff Roach out of Pennsylvania, USA, and quite frankly, are the bomb. I understand Cliff has a new, more rounded version of these, but my original models have been through three NY winters, with zero complaints. They are strong, stable, and allow plenty of cushioning for even the most fragile layups-strap the bungees on and go in 30 seconds. They are bare aluminum and a bit utilitarian in appearance, but when people ask, I tell them I haul pipe on the weekends. ;)

It would probably be cost prohibitive to send a small container Down Under, but if you could swing it, you'd have quite a few happy customers.

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

More
12 years 4 months ago #10130 by richardh
Replied by richardh on topic Re: V Bar Kayak Roof Rack

It would probably be cost prohibitive to send a small container Down Under, but if you could swing it, you'd have quite a few happy customers.

I've had an email chat with Cliff and yes it's very expensive to ship.

Latest Forum Topics