× Tips and techniques for getting the most out of surfskiing.

Water Protection Phones and Keys

More
13 years 3 months ago #5928 by Rightarmbad
We used to be able to get a partner phone for $5 a month in Australia.
Most people would sign up their previous phone.
The phone would share the original contracts airtime and be free calls between phones.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14138 by swimskier
My Iphone4 has been swimming a fair amount inside a Lifeproof case (www.lifeproof.com/shop/iphone-4-4s) with no troubles.
For the car key I use Ortlieb Safe-it, but these need to be inspected for the pinholes.

Nelo 560 SCS, Nelo Cinco E XXL, Epic V8 Ultra,

Previous skis: Epic V14 Elite, Fenn Elite Glide Carbon, Epic V10 Ultra G2, EPIC V10L Elite G1,
Previous K1s: Nelo Cinco SCS XXXL, Vajda Infusion 2 XL Elite, Epic Legacy XXL Marathon,Elio Sprint-P Marathon

More
11 years 4 months ago #14139 by sAsLEX
Overboard small phone protector from Burnsco

30 bucks and from the testing I gave it tonight it works perfectly!

www.over-board.com.au/waterproof-technol...oof-phone-cases.html

More
11 years 4 months ago #14158 by Markmyword
I stick my Galaxy S3 in an overboard case but i also put a small sandwich size zip-lock bag over it just in case. Clipped to the front bulkhead on the V10 Sport it still gets good GPS reception. Only word of advice i would say is to make sure you stick one of those little desiccate silicone packs in to suck up any humidity. I forgot a couple of times and noticed some sweating inside the packet so better to be safe than sorry.

www.over-board.com.au/waterproof-smartphone-case-black.html

Got mine courteous of Julian at Paddle to Fitness on the Gold Coast(Blast prize)

More
11 years 4 months ago #14173 by Swimmer
Re keys, get a plain metal key cut that'll open your car door and leave your electronic keys inside the car.
Re the phone, with most phones you can have the incoming call diverted to another number. Buy an el cheapo phone to carry and divert the number from your good phone to this one. You can buy good waterproof sturdy fold down zip lock bags from Anaconda or similar camping shops.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14174 by Kayaker Greg
Or get a cheap water proof phone like the Samsung B2100.

Latest Forum Topics