Leash Style & Attachment Places

More
3 years 2 months ago #38098 by David Grainger
Wondering what folks do with their leashes...  I use a coiled leg leash attached to the pull bar on my Nelo 560, with a non-coiled paddle leash also attached to the pull bar.  I keep the paddle leash short so there's a little stretch to it at the paddle exit.  The paddle leash tends to go up from the pull bar, and the leg leash goes down, so there's no conflict.  Having both attached to the boat provides some redundancy.  The non-coiled paddle leash seems easier to deal with on remounts - less tangling with the coiled leg leash.  What's your leash configuration & why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #38099 by sarzelopez
I only use a coiled leg leash attached to the bar below the bung hole, and run it through the space between the foot plate and the side of the ski. So it goes "down" just like yours, I think.

I do not have it like that in the picture, but now I keep most of the coil on the venturi side of the foot plate and just enough on my side to not have it dancing around when i get on and off. When falling, only the necessary amount of leash gets pulled over to my side.

This is a 10 feet leash but the coil is still tight. My previous one was more tangleprone the looser the coil got until a beachbreak wave converted it to a completely non coiled leash. After that I never got tangled, seems counter intuitive because the coil is supposed  to keep it all nice and ordered, but the noncoiled ones just lay flat.
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #38101 by mrcharly
I'm using some plain elastic cord as a paddle leash, tied around the footplate and paddle.
Testing (on flatwater) showed that I needed to be careful with knots. Bowlines in elastic cord are liable to shake loose after an hour's paddling.

I now tie the leash using figure of 8 knots and then a few hitches to lock the loose end off.

Latest Forum Topics