Paddling recommendations NSW South Coast

More
9 years 6 months ago #23072 by sammclean
Hey team -

I'm down at Bermagui (near Narooma) for a few weeks and would love any recommendations about good places to paddle. I'd like to do a few 30-40k return trips, but I'm going solo so downwind is good but crazy surf is bad. Inland/flat recommendations would also be great.

Thanks
Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #23083 by Scode
Hi Sam, I'm in Merimbula about an hour south of Bermi. If you want to do some good down winders and you can have someone pick you up from Tathra do the Bermigui - Tathra run. It's about thirty five kms of beautiful unspoilt coastline. The next few days should be good with light to moderate North East winds which would be perfect. Narooma to Bermigui is also a good paddle in a NE wind though not as far.

And if you'd like to arrange a paddle one arvo when I'm not working drop me an email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers

More
9 years 6 months ago #23085 by portmanm
Agree with Scode, have paddled some of those routes myself. There's a few die hards at Narooma and Durras that do downwinds. Few of our Wollongong Paddlers are down the coast holidaying, post something to Wollongong Paddlers FB page and I'll share you're details. Matt

Bio
- 90kg, 183cm, paddling 90+% in ocean conditions for 5 years. Prefer downwind.
- Epic V12 1G, V10 1G/2G, V10 Sport, V8 & V8 Pro
- Stellar SEI 1G/2G, SES 1G/2G, SEL 2G, SR 2G & S2E
- Vadja Hawx 43/46/52
- Think Evo II 2G, Ion 1G
- Fenn Elite S, Swordfish S
- Nelo 560M
The following user(s) said Thank You: sammclean

More
9 years 6 months ago #23105 by sammclean
Thanks guys! I'll drop you a line Scode!

Latest Forum Topics