New Epic V10 Sport on the way ? Could this be it ?

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #33715 by uk gearmuncher
Replied by uk gearmuncher on topic New Epic V10 Sport on the way ? Could this be it ?

Dicko wrote: I paddled the new v10 a few weeks ago. Most stable, comfortable boat I have paddled in a while. Small chop was unnoticeable. Was a bit looser on a small downwind I did. The stability was phenomenal. VERY easy to remount. 

What boat do you normally paddle ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #33718 by Dicko
I paddle an ultra SEL gen 1 at the moment. I also have a Zeplin. Previous to that, a Fenn Elite and an Elite SL.
I would say that the V10 feels as stable on the flat and small chop as the Zeplin. It is some sort of witchery.
As it gets rougher the secondary stability isn't as good as the Zeplin, but the primary is amazing.

More
5 years 1 month ago #33720 by [email protected]

I would say that the V10 feels as stable on the flat and small chop as the Zeplin

Really?  Oh man, there aren't any here in Cape Town (actually I don't believe there are any in South Africa at all).  I'd so like to try it.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
5 years 1 month ago #33726 by Dicko
I would be surprised if a sub intermediate paddler didn't feel comfortable on the flat in the v10.
Boat wakes are as easy as it gets. Confused waters the boat is trickier and is more intermediate plus. If you tend to paddle flatter water, lakes etc and don't mind a small challenge, I suspect a v10 is worth trying over the more bathtub like boats. The seating position is as good as I've sat in. For the conditions and downwinds I paddle, the boat is great. I suspect it may be trickier on a Millers run but we will find out in time I guess. When your mates start selling their stable boats to buy one, that has to mean something. 

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #33729 by uk gearmuncher
Replied by uk gearmuncher on topic New Epic V10 Sport on the way ? Could this be it ?

Dicko wrote: I notice the local dealer is selling v8's and v10 sports $500 cheaper. Can only mean new v10 sports are coming soon.

I wish someone could find out ! The only dealers i know are denying it.

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #33845 by uk gearmuncher

MCImes wrote: That's definitely a new hull. Nose looks just like the new v10/11/12. Agree the stern is cutoff more bluntly as well.

It would be great if epic keeps updating the more stable boats with the higher rocker designs of the new elite boats.

I have spoken to a well-informed industry insider now and apparently whilst the nose is new, the hull is the same as the current model. The seat is from a V11 so as to squeeze the handles in. Overall, these boats were experiments but will not be pursued as the production replacement for the V10 Sport (due to reasons that could not be shared with me). That's two different sources (plus Robin on here) that have pretty much said the same thing. I guess that ends that one. A shame though as the Sport really needs updating in line with Epics newer boats and to create a clearer gap from the V8 pro (in my view).

I wonder what they paddled like.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by uk gearmuncher.

More
5 years 1 month ago #33846 by supsherpa
Not good news.  I was really hoping for an update along the lines of the v10 G3.

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #33854 by uk gearmuncher

supsherpa wrote: Not good news.  I was really hoping for an update along the lines of the v10 G3.

I also have found out that whilst not advertised officially, because the mould has been created, the V10 Sport Special Edition is actually available to purchase by special order. I'm going to try and demo it but not until a demo model is coming into my country in June.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #33879 by supsherpa
How do you go about getting one of these?  In the states the dealers are still denying their existence as experimental V10 Sports saying they're one off boats.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by supsherpa.

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33883 by uk gearmuncher

supsherpa wrote: How do you go about getting one of these?  In the states the dealers are still denying their existence as experimental V10 Sports saying they're one off boats.

Contact epic directly. That’s what my dealer did.

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #33886 by uk gearmuncher

supsherpa wrote: How do you go about getting one of these?  In the states the dealers are still denying their existence as experimental V10 Sports saying they're one off boats.

They are not one-off's as such as I've been told a mould was made. It's just they are not pursuing this design as a replacement model for the current V10 Sport so you have to ask them for it (as they are not advertising it formally).

Latest Forum Topics