Custom made event/race booking and registration software

More
6 years 1 month ago #30875 by 10155794205085747@facebook
Hi all,

I'm building a booking system for our races here in the UK. So far we've used sail racing systems or just spreadsheets.
  1. What do other other folks use?
  2. Am I reinventing the wheel?
  3. Would anyone else be interested in using it? (it'll be free)

My plan so far is that we'll use WordPress as a base (because I use it for work everyday and know it fairly well!) so that anyone can copy and use the plugin we make.

Features:
  • Register paddlers and collect details of boat(s), emergency contact, experience
  • Event organisers can add details of their event, set number limits, experience limits, costs
  • Event organisers could make an event page if they don't already have a website, or just use the booking element of our system if they do (and if their website is WordPress I can help integrate, or they could use our plugin)
  • Accept bookings and collect payment to organiser's paypal
  • Results system - categories, times, hotspot, etc
  • Use paddler info (with permission) for other events (mailchimp list or similar)
  • Compliant with GDPR

I'd welcome any feedback or requests, and if anyone has a list of surfskis with manufacturer, model, dimensions that would be awesome.

Free??
I can host the system through my work and it'll be free for paddlers, organisers, manufacturers & sponsors. Why? Because making surfski events easy to run makes more people likely to organise them, which is good for everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #30876 by Hiro

More
6 years 1 month ago #30879 by topswimmer
Ive used Webscorer for the past 4 years to run a ski race in the UK. You can use the basic free version for timing & results or the Pro version which takes care of entries etc.

Latest Forum Topics