tips please

More
12 years 3 months ago #9528 by fabian
tips please was created by fabian
hi i recently started to surf ski, i was given a old hamerhead to get in the game, is this a ok ski to start of with ?????. secondly i have a problem with my skeg as i use to surf my friend wants to design me a skeg out of stainless steel ,but very light material but also very strong is this a good idea or not puzzeled thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9538 by smilicus
Replied by smilicus on topic Re: tips please
Hi Fabian

I am new to the sport too. The Hammerhead is a great boat to start off in, stable and trusty

Regarding the skeg, sorry, I dont have enough experience to answer to that, maybe some of the other guys can chip in.

Get out on the water, you will enjoy it.

Regards

Smilicus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyday's an Adventure

More
12 years 3 months ago #9539 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: tips please
Hmm... stainless steel? Never heard of that before! Where are you Fabian? Better to get a standard rudder made of glass or carbon. If you hit something (like a rock) with a stainless rudder, it's likely to do damage to the boat.

A lot of us started with a hammerhead - my first boat was a Wedge which was a form of hammerhead. You'll grow out of it pretty quickly, but then you can pass it on to someone else!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 3 months ago #9559 by fabian
Replied by fabian on topic Re: tips please
Hi im in P.E ,thanks for the feed back ,so you dont recomend the stainless steel.the reason for the stainless steel i dont find skegs for the hamerhead, but ill keep a look out for carbinfibre skeg.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9563 by antonsa
Replied by antonsa on topic Re: tips please
Hi

Get hold of carbonology in PE - I am sure that they can get a skeg made for you or try the Paddling Shop also in PE and they can order a skeg from the original manufacturer.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9565 by Moll
Replied by Moll on topic Re: tips please
I second Antonsa, I was in PE towards the end of last year and found Kay at the Paddling shop extremely helpful.

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double
- Popes Big Foot Assegai K1
- Wilderness systems Tarpon 160

Latest Forum Topics