new surfski paddler.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #257 by rypaddles
newbie here on the forum, as seen in earlier posts. unfortunately paddling in general isnt real popular here although we have some on the most beautifull waterways and beaches here in the gulf of mexico with about 10-11 months of paddle-able weather...most of the kayakers you see here are the recreational "plastic ocean kayak" type, as i started out on, or the regular run of the mill closed cockpit kakaker that mainly stick to the bays, although i rarely see them out there, more likely to see one strapped to the roof of an SUV then in the water??? :P my town has no county sponsored lifegaurds, actually i think one county in the adjacent 8- 10 have lifegaurds, i bought my ski from one..its a 19' vector spec ski, its an older boat that i plan on eventually refurbishing although its paddle worthy right now.id like to re-glass/ gell coat.. having it refitted for my long legs is my first project...i guess for the time being i will have to "ski" alone or paddle with regular kayakers... maybe i can start a paddle club or something..looking forward to learning the sport though..lots of good info and very knowledgeable people on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #258 by [email protected]
Howzit - try contacting people on the surfski newsgroup on www.yahoogroups.com. It's quite an active group and there are paddlers on there from all over the US, maybe you'll find someone to paddle with!
Cheers, Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 9 months ago #259 by Joseph
Replied by Joseph on topic Re: new surfski paddler.
YO! Newbe,V
If you are any were close to venice Fl on the Gulf we have a few active ski paddlers at the S.Jetty, also at St Pete beach there are a few ski's about.

Cheers Joseph

Joseph

More
16 years 8 months ago #260 by cjborg
Replied by cjborg on topic Re: new surfski paddler.
I'm in Gainesville...hard to find surf ski paddlers in North Florida, in general. Even ocean kayakers are few...no one seems to paddle ocean side....only rivers and waterways. Where are you located? We might be close enough to schedule a paddle together. I'm a recent convert to surf skis, but enjoying the heck out of it.

• Franklin
  • Visitor
16 years 1 month ago #261 by Franklin
Replied by Franklin on topic Re: new surfski paddler.
Hi rypaddles

I was looking the forum over and noticed your post. There are several of us in Jacksonville, Florida or paddle ski's. We are also members of the Florida Sea Kayaking Association, Inc (fska.org).
If you'd like to get together and paddle. We're up for it. I try to take my ski out (Epic V10 Sport, Think Evo on the way) several times a week.
Let me know.
Franklin

Latest Forum Topics