Wanted - Epic V10 Sport- FOUND

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #11571 by Shady
Just sold my V8 and now being ski-less I'm looking for a V10 Sport. Prefer a well looked after new-ish ski located close to Sydney. Looking for a club layup but will happily take your Ultra or Elite at "club" price.

Cheers

Epic V10 Sport Performance
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Shady.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11573 by Rightarmbad
They are all over geartrade at the moment.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 11 months ago #11574 by Shady
Replied by Shady on topic Re: Wanted - Epic V10 Sport

Rightarmbad wrote: They are all over geartrade at the moment.

They're always in Brisbane or WA. The only one I've seen in Sydney is an ex-rental from Sydney Kayaks for $2500.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11576 by Rightarmbad
It may be possible to arrange transport to NSW from QLD quite easily.
I have somebody in mind.

If you trusted somebody else to make an inspection of the boat, a remote purchase would be possible also.......

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 10 months ago #11908 by Shady
Thanks for the offer RAB but I've heard of a couple of horror stories with transporting ski's and rather not risk it.

Still looking and ready to buy.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #11909 by superted
Hey Shady, Just curious how long are you prepared to wait?? instead of spending the $250 difference to get a new V10 Sport Club and to actually be paddling it now.

I remember for the first ski i considered the delivery was a 6-8 weeks, so i purchased a different brand and got amongst it rather then missing out on water time.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by superted.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11912 by Shady
Hey SuperTed,

I'm not sure where you got $250 difference, if it was I wouldnt bother with second hand.
I get your point though, It's been 3 weeks now without a paddle and with the Hawkesbury Classic coming up quickly I need a boat to start training.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12208 by Shady
The hunt is finally over..... Everyone can stop looking!!!!
I am now the proud owner of an Epic V10 Sport Performance. I hope I can paddle it ok as I've only ever paddled a club layup.
One problem is fitting the bloody thing in the garage. She won't fit, I've had to leave the rear garage door open with the ski sticking out. Now where was that thread about mounting ski's from the ceiling :whistle:

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Shady.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12209 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Re: Wanted - Epic V10 Sport
remember the pythagorean theorem

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #12210 by FalllGuy
I just unexpectedly and on a whim picked up a V10 Sport Performance myself and my garage is only an inch or two over 19 feet.

I took two old 1 inch webbing tie down straps, cut off the metal cam and screwed the two end of one of the straps into the second joist from the back of the garage toward the left corner, about a foot and a half from the wall.

At the front of the garage a few feet from the right corner, I screwed the left side of the strap into the joist that would fall in front of the rudder and on the right side of the strap I tied a loop.

At the local Home Depot I bought a large screw in hook, drill a hole into the joist and then screwed in the hook...

I place the front of the ski in the back hanging loop on the left and then hold the rear of the ski up and put the loop of the strap to the hook.

The ski fits on the angle no problem. In fact, I have enough room to also hang my V8 in other straps straight in next to it...

Good luck with the new boat.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by FalllGuy.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12211 by AR_convert
Good job on the new ski, the V10 sport is a great first "composite", I really enjoyed the time in mine and was able to really develop my technique. As we've seen from other comments they are no slouch too as you get fit, they can still be quite competitive when you get fit in them.

Here is the thread on boat storage idea's

I hadn't considered this when going from my Vault to the new full length Flash....but fortunately the Flash "just" fits inside the roof line of my patio area. I do miss the Vault for ease of handling, you really have to be much more careful with a full length ski.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics