Places to Paddle

More
12 years 5 months ago #8762 by steadimike3000
Hi Guys

I am a beginner paddler, I have been paddling in Fish Hoek with Dawid for just under 6 months give or take but I live out Camps Bay way.

I just found a boat on Gumtree (Fenn XT) so I can paddle out this side but where is it safe to go. Can I just jump into Camps Bay and paddle up and down the bay or is Hout Bay better.

I see some guys paddle from the shell garage in Moullie Point but I am in no ways ready to mission a K into open water on my own.

Any advice would come in handy, Saturdays are cool coz I can still paddle with the Ocean paddlers in Simons Town but I want more during the week if I get a chance.

Thanks peeps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8815 by [email protected]
Howzit...

You might want to come and join the Tuesday Night series in Hout Bay - meeting in the old police station parking lot (or mariner's wharf). Race starts at 18h15, short course available and (friendly) paddlers of all skill levels.

Cheers, Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 4 months ago #8919 by steadimike3000
Replied by steadimike3000 on topic Re: Places to Paddle
Thanks so much Rob

I went Last week but I think you guys might have changed the location... any chance you have a database I could get onto?

I really am a newbie but Im very keen to come join you guys.

Thanks again Rob

Michael Carstensen

Latest Forum Topics