PCR Swordfish

More
10 years 2 months ago #19598 by Mako
PCR Swordfish was created by Mako
I've posted a few shots of my Sworfish with it's PCR rudder as well as the foot well modified to place ones heels directly on the hull. surfskimod.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kocho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19599 by Rookie
Replied by Rookie on topic PCR Swordfish
Hi thank you for the photos. It looks like an interesting project. Why did you want to lower your foot well in the first place? Did the modefications help in the end?

Focus, Apex 2, Zeplin

More
10 years 2 months ago #19604 by Kocho
Replied by Kocho on topic PCR Swordfish
Thanks for posting! Looking at the Styrofoam inside hour Swordy, and how carelessly it appears to be attached with expanding foam, I suppose I should be happy Think used pink foam in my Eze ;)

I'm not surprised your foam came off - that kind of foam separates from glue points at the slightest stress, either after being compressed from sitting in the ski or from the sliding motion between the upper and lower halves of the ski as the ski bends and twists slightly in waves and from the paddler's weight in it....

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #19605 by Mako
Replied by Mako on topic PCR Swordfish
Rookie I've always felt more comfortabe paddling with my heels low and it seems to result in a stronger stroke for me. Stability wise, it helps with a lower roll centre.

Kocho.....the adhesive never failed but the stringer did, probably due to misalignment and / or impact damage. I don't know which came first but my 13 year old Millenium still had it's stringers in place before it was totalled at Dungeons. Another ski I'm working on had no stringers at all..........I see the stringer as reserve bouyancy first and as a structural component second.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Mako. Reason: spelling

More
10 years 2 months ago #19651 by Fuyang Guy
Replied by Fuyang Guy on topic PCR Swordfish
My example when discussing the need for a stringer is this:
Take the cardboard inner from two rolls of kitchen towel, place a piece of cardboard that fits well into one, and then see how much harder it is to bend. (obviously against the cardboard 'stringer')

Latest Forum Topics