Paddling in Mainland China.

• flick
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #1145 by flick
Paddling in Mainland China. was created by flick
If there are any paddlers in China that would like to meet for a paddle or if anyones over here on business and would like to go for a paddle leave a message. I am staying in the Hangzhou area and have a spare boat if need be!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1146 by stuartknaggs
I'd love to join you but can't make it over right now. How about a little story and some pics so we can see all about paddling in China?

stuart

More
16 years 4 months ago #1147 by Stew

If there are any paddlers in China that would like to meet for a paddle or if anyones over here on business and would like to go for a paddle leave a message. I am staying in the Hangzhou area and have a spare boat if need be!

Hello mate,

Would be fantastic to take you up on your offer for a paddle. I'll be back in China in a few months, would be great to get out on the water. I'll grab an Evo and go meet you I'm based about a half hour out side Hangzhou).... but I might get someone to drop me there, driving in China is CRAZY!! ;D

Cheers.

• flick
  • Visitor
16 years 4 months ago #1148 by flick
Replied by flick on topic Re: Paddling in Mainland China.
Hey Stewart. I guess we are both based in Fuyang then? Would be great to go for a paddle. I think my Chinese mates have convinced me that i am mad for paddling in winter as i havent been for over a month. I am going home for a holiday next month so best you give me a shout on my e-mail and we can arrange the paddle for when you`re in China next.

More
16 years 3 months ago #1149 by Stew
Perfect.... that's where I'll be.

Won't be there until July though, can't wait for those 40 degree days!!

If you're struggling with the cold at the moment, get into a kayak, nice and warm in comparison to a ski and great for training in. We've actually got a boat that anyone who can paddle a ski could jump into and get going straight away, the Tornado. A normal K1 might be more challanging if you haven't used one before.

Or you could get yourself a paddling erg to keep yourself ticking over through winter.

Cheers mate.

• flick
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #1150 by flick
Replied by flick on topic Re: Paddling in Mainland China.
Thanks for the head ups on the Tornado but ive got no issues in a normal K1. Although my mates here might like to try a Tornado. Can you beleive its only the end of November and the temp is already 2`C in the mornings and maxing out at 14`C mid day. Not good. Anyways, yeh give me a shout closer to the time and we can organise that paddle. Yeh the refreshingly unclean water of Fuchun river is always good in the middle of July ;)

Take care.

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #1151 by Alain Jaques
Replied by Alain Jaques on topic Re: Paddling in Mainland China.
How exactly do you pronounce "Fuchun River" - just wondering......

Latest Forum Topics