Nelo Vanquish Surfski

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #40472 by MMaister
Hi,

it seems like there is a new design from Nelo called Vanquish. Has anyone tried one?

www.nelo.eu/product/ocean-vanquish/?size=ml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #40473 by ccchappell
Replied by ccchappell on topic Nelo Vanquish Surfski
Hi
Yes, I have one - an XXL Air version that have been paddling for a couple of weeks. (I'm 93kg) Great boat for me. Really a slightly detuned 560, not a faster 550. But the little extra stability it offers fits my intermediate skills nicely. Still need to paddle more in some ocean conditions to compare to 550 and 560 better, but my 550 will still be my go to boat for moderate to large conditions... Also I am very surprised with the Air construction. My boat weights 8.3kg, my wifes 9.1 and they are much more substantial then I anticipated. Yes the gelcoat is slightly less perfect but can only tell when sitting next to an SCS...hard to even see in the pics. I'll post some more information/review once I've been able to get some more bucket time. So far my wife agrees on my assessment...her primary boat is a 550L.

In the pics, you can see the extra volume in the tail, slight chine and the extended concave.

Full disclosure I am a Nelo dealer here in US.

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jateureka, Pereira

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #40485 by Morto
Replied by Morto on topic Nelo Vanquish Surfski
Hi,

As Chris mentioned a little more stable than the 560 and in the Air construction feels fabulous. I don't know what else to say - we brought 1 in to try and now have orders for another 7 of them...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pereira

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #40488 by MMaister
Replied by MMaister on topic Nelo Vanquish Surfski
Great info, thank you. I currently paddle a 550ML gen2 which I am very satisfied with and I can handle any conditions (at least the ones I can possibly meet in my area) in its bucket.
I am very curious about the differences between the 550 and the Vanquish because I would consider an upgrade if the jump is not too big.

Latest Forum Topics