Mazu surfskis

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #25373 by AR_Junkie
Mazu surfskis was created by AR_Junkie
I recently changed ski (again) and came across a demo Mazu 45 (produced by Elios kayaks in Portugal). Im totally blown away by the fit and performance of this ski which I consider stable as my previous Swordfish or Epic v10. It has less volume in the nose, less rocker and a very tight catch, making it perfect for the small step waves, confused waters and rivers that I usually paddle, the price is also very competetive comparing to other brands here. I can't see any posts or comments about the brand Mazu on this forum, are they not availible in SA & AU ?

Their webpage leaves alot to wish for but you can see the ski specs:
www.eliokayaks.com/portfolio-items/mazu-45/
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by AR_Junkie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MCImes
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #25374 by MCImes
Replied by MCImes on topic Mazu surfskis
Never heard the name before. The website looks like what I made in 8th grade... time to spend a couple bucks on a new one Mazu!

That is a sharp bow entry! Looks good for the small stuff like you're saying. Interesting

More
8 years 4 months ago #25376 by OSS
Replied by OSS on topic Mazu surfskis
....not sure but if I recall right, there was a person in Manly/NSW trying to sell MAZU into the Australian market. After a while, they withdrew the distribution rights and wanted to appoint a different party in Melbourne. That was about 1.5 - 2 years ago, don't know what happened since....

New, innovative, different!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SurfskiEstonia

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #25377 by AR_Junkie
Replied by AR_Junkie on topic Mazu surfskis
The brand behind Mazu surfskis are Elio kayaks that has been producing sprint/marathon k1s since the 70's.
(sry for another 8th grade webpage)
www.elio-kayaks.co.uk/
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by AR_Junkie.

Latest Forum Topics