Re: What Knysna Ski is this?

More
16 years 5 months ago #1089 by rojo
Hi,
whow, thanks for all the info. I will get an answer from the seller at the beginning of next week. Don't know anything about the condition yet.

How is this ski to be compared regarding speed and stability? Thing is, I am looking for a fast ski on flat to choppy waters. There is no big swell where I am going to use it.

Cheers, Rolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1090 by [email protected]

How is this ski to be compared regarding speed and stability?

Well, if it is a ten year old prototype Robberg, it's difficult to say! The ski that the Robberg became is stable and reasonably quick (see our review).

You'll have to try the ski out and make up your own mind!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 4 months ago #1091 by rojo
Replied by rojo on topic Re: What Knysna Ski is this?
Hi,
I have gotten some more pictures of the boat. They are showing 'Knysna Racing Kayaks' stickers along the cockpit. I know that this doesn't mean much.
The only other information I got so far is that the boat was bought in 2004 at Bay Kayaks in SA. Lay up is glass.

I will post any other information (if I get any).

Cheers

Rolf

More
16 years 4 months ago #1092 by [email protected]

I have gotten some more pictures of the boat. They are showing 'Knysna Racing Kayaks' stickers along the cockpit.

Post the photos or send them to me - i'll get Albert & Hubby to take a look. But it's beginning to sound as though the ski is one of those 4 Robberg Express prototypes...

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 4 months ago #1093 by [email protected]
Mystery solved... new photos reveal that the ski is indeed a very early prototype of what became the Robberg Express, probably around ten years old!

There were very few ever built.

Proves the longevity of skis if looked after!

Rob

More
16 years 4 months ago #1094 by rojo
Replied by rojo on topic Re: What Knysna Ski is this?
Hi,
thanks for all the help out there, especially to Rob and all his contacts.

I hope I'll be able to paddle this boat soon. If lucky, I might be able to compare it to a Mako6 or Millenium.

Cheers

Rolf

Latest Forum Topics