durability of pro?

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #2999 by Boof Head
durability of pro? was created by Boof Head
Can anybody comment on durability of the red7 pro? I'm intrigued by the one piece construction resulting in no seam. I currently have a red7 surf 70. The seam is split and it leaks badly so am looking to upgrade and durability is up there with speed and stability as criteria. I already know the red7's are stable and fast so just wondering about long term integrity ofhull/deck.
Cheers
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Boof Head. Reason: spelling mistake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3002 by [email protected]
The Red7 Surf70 Pro is no longer built one-piece. Instead, they are constructed conventionally in two pieces.

You might get an older one from the original factory - but as I say, the new boats are not one-piece.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 1 month ago #3006 by Boof Head
Replied by Boof Head on topic Re:durability of pro?
Bugger.
Rob, do you know why ther dropped the one pice construction? were there problems with this design?
i'm a fan of Red7 because of their innovationhaving a design background myself. i'm hoping there is avalid reason other than cutting production costs.
thanks for info, Craig

More
15 years 1 month ago #3007 by AndrewN
Replied by AndrewN on topic Re:durability of pro?
They have gone back to one piece because it is simpler and in reality, every one does it that way for the reason that it works! Still though, respect for an innovative idea!

I dug around in the back of my 1 piece one at the bung and pulled all sorts of pipes and stuff full of dried resin that they had to leave in because of the one piece method. It was rattling around.

Andre's (Agent in KZN) carbon boat is two piece and the quality looks far better than my earlier one piece glass boat. (And it weighs 10.5 kg)

Just waiting for the in between construction single and the double and I'll be first in line with the cheque book!

Latest Forum Topics