Model upgrade timeline

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6793 by Ryan
Model upgrade timeline was created by Ryan
Hi Everyone

I am looking to get a new Fenn Elite in a month or two. I see it has been out for a few years. Fenns strategy in promoting the swordfish was to keep it "under the radar" so to speak, so I am not expecting any anouncements.

I dont want to be in the position where I buy a new elite and then a new model is released.

My queston is this, based on past models, how often does Fenn upgrade their racing ski bearing in mind the Elite is several years old?

Thank you
Ryan
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Ryan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #6794 by Nige
Replied by Nige on topic Re:Model upgrade timeline
Hi Ryan,

You're right about the unpublicised releases of new Fenns, which seem to be closely guarded secrets! A newer Fenn than the Elite has already come out, the Elite Slim Line : there is a "first looks" article on this website, so I'd suggest you have a look at that for a start. As the Elite SL was only recently released, hopefully you should be fairly safe for a while!

Good luck
Nigel

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6797 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic Re:Model upgrade timeline
Hi Nigel

Thanks for taking the time to post, the SL is an interesting observation and one I had not considdered relegating it to a varient of the same model. In light of boat building I see now how it is a whole new model.

Thanks again and either way I wont go wrong with an Elite in standard form.

Ryan
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Ryan.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6842 by rubberDuck
I don't regard the fact that Fenn fails to inform the prospective Surfski customer to be a marketing strategy, but rather see it as plain old laziness.

The manufacturers just fail to see their websites as the best marketing tool that they have at their disposal. And Fenn aren't the only guilty manufacturer. Why is it that Epic can find the time and resources to update their websites on a regular basis, and not the other?

I might be in the market for a good intermediate ski, but I am not going to chase around to find a shop that might have a new Fenn Swordfish in stock.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6857 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic Re:Model upgrade timeline
I get what you are saying, I assume nowdays most buyers go to the web for info on new releases and reviews, it would make sense to have the websites of the ski companys kept current. Perhaps the fenn guys are to busy in the back of the shop making great skis, :lol: last time I checked their site the xt images were still the older version with the double footwell.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6859 by AndrewN
Replied by AndrewN on topic Re:Model upgrade timeline
I agree...seems like pure laziness to me!

More
12 years 10 months ago #6861 by fredrik
Replied by fredrik on topic Re:Model upgrade timeline
Lacking web updates suggest that (among others)

Fenn XT single footwell
Fenn Elite SL

Think Evo II
Think Uno Max

are all trade secrets.

Good thing we have surfski.info :-)

Latest Forum Topics