Fenn repair

More
13 years 10 months ago #4631 by kairo
Fenn repair was created by kairo
Hi there, I recently bought a Fenn ski and am super happy with it. I bought the ski used (paddled less than 5 times) and it was only 3 weeks old. The boat is now about 1.5 month old and I have put some paddling hours on it. I took very good care of it (kept in the shade with covers,etc.) I now noticed blisters on the side next to the rudder and a small area in the seat with blisters, too. Also were the boat is put together there are marks were the gel coat comes off in tiny little chips.Again the boat has been treated very carefully and has not seen any stress nor has it been in surf or any big water, yet. Any advise what do do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #4632 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re:Fenn repair
I would have thought the first thing to do would have been to contact the agent that the original buyer purchased from. The agent should be able to point you in the right direction for repair etc

www.fennkayaks.co.za/agents.php

What covers did you use?
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by superted.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4644 by kairo
Replied by kairo on topic Re:Fenn repair
I am in Hawaii. Used the dakine bag that it came with. Even with covers on the boat was never in the heat or direct sunlight when not in the water. I keep it stored in my carport where it is shady and breezy.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4645 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re:Fenn repair
Yep, that sounds most unusual. I'd contact the agent.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics