Fenn XT Double

More
14 years 4 months ago #3989 by Part Time Paddler
You hear a lot of things.....How does the XT Double actually compare to other double skis in terms of realistic speed, comfort and ballance? I have no experience in doubles at all.

I supose I just asked for a review?
Thanks in advance! :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7498 by Moll
Replied by Moll on topic Re: Fenn XT Double
I know this is an old post but for reference of other paddlers. I am not the most experienced paddler but have just taken delivery of a 2nd hand Xt double and got it on the water for the first time albeit flatwater.
I have had a beginer and now and intermediate single and I cannot liken the stability and comfort to either of them. In fact the stability can be compared to my Tarpon 160 touring kayak it feels that stable and comfortable. It is the first time in a while I could spend 45min non stop on the water with no hint of deadleg, ab or back fatigue. It clearly will not be the fastest ski on the water and it is not marketed as such, but for someone who seldom gets on to the ocean I will gladly sacrifice a km or 2 for the added stability. As a larger paddler I also appreciate the comfort of the bucket. for someone starting out this is a ski comfortable enough to allow you to spend time on the water and stable enough to allow for less experienced paddlers to get in the back and enjoy a day out without swimming.

Current Quiver:
- Think Evo
- XT Double
- Popes Big Foot Assegai K1
- Wilderness systems Tarpon 160

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics